Thread: Who's not very busy with their laser?

Blog Entries

Who's not very busy with their laser?

LOML wants to give a gift to our departing Choir leader at church in recognition of her 12 years of service. She wanted me to inlay a walnut treble cleff into a piece of cherry. The cleff would be burned into the cherry instead of inlay and about 8" high and about 2-5/8 wide like the attached photo centered on a rectangular piece of cherry say 10" high and 8- 5/8 wide. I'm looking for someone that could do this quickly at a budget cost (I have no idea what laser time costs). I would need the completed piece in my hands by June 19. I know this is short, but I just got involved and I can't do it with my router inlay bushing.

Any takers or ideas?

If this isn't appropriate for the forum, please email or pm me.

I'm desperate in PA!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hi Lee,

I wouldn't mind helping you out. Would you be supplying the cherry wood?
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Here's a vector treble clef that should fit the bill -

It's in Corel ver 12; jpg only for illustration -
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog Helix 45W
    Horn Lake, MS

engraving

Lee
    If Mike doesn't do it for you I can
    I have the cherry wood and can do it for you quickly
    ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Hi Lee,

If Kenneth already has the cherry wood on hand, that would save you some more time. I do not have the cherry wood in stock right now, that is why I asked about the wood. So if you and Kenneth want to work something, that would be fine too. The engraving itself should not really take much time to complete. I can get the wood in a day or two. Just let me know.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Photoshop proof -this the idea?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog Helix 45W
    Horn Lake, MS

Who's not busy with their laser?

Would something like this do you any good? It's 5.5 x 10 Aromatic Cedar with no finish. The walnut inlay slips right in and stands proud of the surface. You are welcome to it if you like, and I can glue it up or not, as you wish. If you want it, send me your address and I'll get it off to you.