Thread: New Toy..I mean "tool for work"

New Toy..I mean "tool for work"

I explained to my wife that I had to had to upgrade my bandsaw in order to acheive some higher end projects. I think it worked....(I hope she not behind me).
    The new Minimax E16 arrived this week. Amazing shipping speed. They (Erik) received my check last friday and the saw arrived tuesday. Thanks MiniMax and ABF freight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lee View Post
    I explained to my wife that I had to had to upgrade my bandsaw in order to acheive some higher end projects. ....
    Good technique!!! Congratulations on your new toyl.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lee View Post
    I explained to my wife that I had to had to upgrade my bandsaw in order to acheive some higher end projects. I think it worked....(I hope she not behind me).
    The new Minimax E16 arrived this week. Amazing shipping speed. They (Erik) received my check last friday and the saw arrived tuesday. Thanks MiniMax and ABF freight.

Even though not ready to order it. I showed my wife the saw stop video. And she said out loud you need that saw!! Now if only Saw Stop made a bandsaw that would be on the approved list as well. And a planer, and a jointer, and ..........

Congrats on the new "Work" tool.

Yes, the old "woodworking on a higher plane" ploy...LOL Congrats on your new toyl!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congrats, funny, that is how I got my saw stop wife saw it and told me I should get that, good thing it is a good saw
    -=Jason=-

From the looks of your shop, seems like your MM has found a good home among some quality friends.

Of course, you do understand that now you have to produce a noticeable difference in the quality and quantity of your work! Wives have looooonngg memories!

Very nice. Keep the neighbors away from it.

I told my sis-in-law about the SawStop - my brother is pretty good with tools, but is known to have 'accidents' (let's say I'm amazed that he still has all of his fingers). Still remains to be seen whether she gets it for him...

Whoaaaa.... how many got killed in that "wreck"?.........

Just kiddin' of course.. Very nice saw and you should be happy for a long time to come. BTW... I run into Eric at many of the larger WW Shows and he's a good.. well versed "go-too" man at MM. Knows his product well, very well.

Now.. your lovely has seen the saw... but I bet her next direct question is where is the "high-end" projects you mentioned? So... with that in mind, the "parties over" and get to work. ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Enjoy immensely...

Sarge..
    Last edited by John Thompson; 06-06-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Whoaaaa.... how many got killed in that "wreck"?.........

Just kiddin' of course.. Very nice saw and you should be happy for a long time to come. BTW... I run into Eric at many of the larger WW Shows and he's a good.. well versed "go-too" man at MM. Knows his product well, very well.

Now.. your lovely has seen the saw... but I bet her next direct question is where is the "high-end" projects you mentioned? So... with that in mind, the "parties over" and get to work. ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Enjoy immensely...

Sarge..

Unfortunately..or fortunately I have to make a living doing this stuff. Have very little time to do projects for myself or the lovely Mrs. (and very understanding).

That would take some of the fun away Gary. I consideder that years ago and glad I decided to stay on an amateur basis. After 36 years if I had gone that route.. I would be supicious that any free moment I had would not be in the shop but an attempt to avoid it altogether.

Again.. great acquisition to go with the PM jointer off in the distance. And know what you mean about the understanding Mrs. Took a few tries.. but I found one also.... patience is a virtue.

Regards...

Sarge..