Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DFW Creekers. Ken Fitzgerald visiting on 6/21

I could do 6/21 as well. Like Jim, I know Cowtown way better than Arlington, so if Ken could take a jaunt west on I30, we could show him some REAL bbq at the Railhead, or a Kincaids burger. Then there's a Woodcraft just a bit further west.

WOW - Word is spreading fast.
    They've put this together in honor of your visit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMhaehb5AnE
    Use the fence Luke

James, I was thinking more the Mexican food route and go to Uncle Julio's. But actually Arlington will be more in the middle except for Martin. I guess we could meet in Granbury and go to Grumps for a hamburger! (Much better than Kincaids, IMHO. And I've eaten at both in the last 3 months.) And I like Soda Springs BBQ better than Railhead, but I'm in the minority on that.
    OK, with James on board, I think we're up to 6. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

OK, the Creeker visit at Spring Creek...The closest one is just north of the Parks Mall on the same side of Cooper. 3608 South Cooper Street (six blocks north of I-20) (817) 465-0553 You can go to this site for more information and a map. http://www.springcreekbarbeque.com/arlington.htm
    Anyone have a time preference? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Uncle Julio's woulda been my first choice, too, but yeah, lets not put too much of a travel demand on Ken, or those coming from that foreign country, Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by James Carmichael View Post
    Uncle Julio's woulda been my first choice, too, but yeah, lets not put too much of a travel demand on Ken, or those coming from that foreign country, Dallas
    We keep talking about Uncle Julios, I may have to pack up the wife and go there any way! I can smell the Plato Gordo® just thinking about them....... Jim.

Count me in!
    Mike

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." - <CITE>Albert Einstein</CITE>

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    OK, the Creeker visit at Spring Creek...The closest one is just north of the Parks Mall on the same side of Cooper. 3608 South Cooper Street (six blocks north of I-20) (817) 465-0553 You can go to this site for more information and a map. http://www.springcreekbarbeque.com/arlington.htm

1100?

1200?

Not sure how crowded it will be on a Saturday. I usually go after church on Sunday.

Lunch please, not supper.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Ok, it looks like my plans are changing, I have to work Saturday morning for a little bit. So I guess I will not leave until Sunday morning.

So I am in as long as the meeting is after 10:00 Saturday morning.

So all I need now is the time... I know the place.

Martin, we are definitely talking about lunch.
    Bill, sorry your plans had to change, but glad you can join us!

I don't know how busy they will be either. Why don't we shoot for 12:00, and know that we might have to wait a little bit. Looks like there are 7 of us now. Anyone else want to jump in?? Jim.

Martin, we are definitely talking about lunch.
    Bill, sorry your plans had to change, but glad you can join us!

I don't know how busy they will be either. Why don't we shoot for 12:00, and know that we might have to wait a little bit. Looks like there are 7 of us now. Anyone else want to jump in?? Jim.

So...It's Spring Creek BBQ......3608 South Cooper Street, Arlington, TX.........12:00 Noon.....Next Saturday 6/21/2008.......?

I'm in!

Maybe someone can show what a Rockler's is afterwords?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

You better be, Ken!! Maybe we'll make Rockler's the place for dessert. They have lots of candy to pick from!
    Oh, and do you want me to pick you up at the motel? Jim.

Jim...if you want to pick me up that would be great if it's not too inconvenient..... I will have a rental car so I could get there.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'll plan to pick you up at 11:30 to 11:40. I'll be driving a white 1999 Dodge Gr. Caravan with gold painted wheels. Call me if you need anything. You have my phone number in a PM unless you've already deleted it. Jim.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Have a great time.
    Jim is a wonderful host.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/