Thread: Doll armoire for my daughters B-Day (pics)

Doll armoire for my daughters B-Day (pics)

Hello everyone! this is a great forum! the people here are very kind and courteous. I've been Looking at posts here for a few weeks and decided to join up. Im glad I did!. Its nice to know of a place to ask questions and get a good response to help fellow woodworkers to help accomplish their goals. unlike some forums that I've seen! My hats of to everyone!
    Here is a doll armoire that I made for my 9yr old daughter. she told me that she wanted one for her B-Day to put her American Girl doll clothes in. well I almost waited to late to start on it! I only had three days to get it done for her party!
    I did get it done in time, but I had to take a day off work to sand and paint it.
    she was suprised when she recived it. she didn't know that I was making it. and it was hard trying to keep her from seeing it. I used extra material that I had to make it. (sorry the pics are not very good )
    Jim

Very Nice Jim and Welcome to SMC!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Welcome to the Creek Jim. Nice work....
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Looking GOOD Jim, Welcome to the Creek.
    Tony

"Three days.."???!!! Sure, the guy just comes on board and has already caught on to what it takes to deflate my ego! I'd be hacking away at something like that for two weeks and then, it wouldn't look as good! Nice job, Jim! I love making stuff for my girls and, if I make quote one of our other very formidable members, "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work" (quote from Mark Singer).
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Welcome to the Creek.

I wish that you had not said that you did that in three days. Oh well I have no kids at home to make things for, waiting for Grandkids now. It looks like well thought out piece and you did good.

Again welcome to the Creek. .

Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Jim, great job on the project, and a great reason to get it done. I'm sure your daughter loves it. I trust that this will be in the family for a logn time. Thanks for sharing.

Ooh, quick, hide this post and picture so that my wife and daughter don't ever see it.

Very well done on that cabinet.

Thanks for posting the pics.
    Rusty Hughes

Jim, we need some details! What kind of wood, how finished (i.e. sprayed?), etc.! Very nice and a great idea.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Chris, its birch ply on the sides/inside and select pine on the drawers/door with wainscoat panels and spray paint(for durability and ease of cleaning).I used 8/4 boards for the legs i cut them out with a holesaw and sanded them. I couldent find any small enough to purchase. it is 40" tall 25" wide 15" deep

Thanks for all your responses
    Jim

Great job on that one, Jim! Of course, SWMBO is going to want the "big girl" version now...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...