Thread: M.L. Campbell

Blog Entries

M.L. Campbell

S&W bought them out. Graggs paint no longer a distributor. S&W playing dumb. Anybody know whats going on....

Smith and Wesson?

Sherwin Williams, Pete.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nope. First I heard of it.

Also. Supposedly Valspar bought out Cabot.
    I hope Valspar doesn't mess with the cabot line.

Cabot is a Valspar brand as is McCloskey. Cabot is to be the signature brand in the wood finishes segment, and a number of McCloskey products are being rebranded as Cabot.

Sherwin Williams has a great many brands, including Minwax, Pratt & Lambert, Dutch Boy, Martin Senour, Krylon, Thompson. I can find no mention of M.L. Campbell on the Sherwin-Williams web pages or SEC filings. It's not shown as a recent acquisition in press releases or SEC filings. I don't think it could be a corporate transaction within the last couple of years and not be mentioned in SEC filings. It could be a brand name not deemed significant enough to be mentioned with the other S-W brands. Sherwin-Williams operates with a pretty flat domestic corporate structure so we would not expect to see M.L. Campbell as a seperate subsidiary, certainly since Minwax isn't separately organized.

However, on the ML Campbell web pages there is a tab called Terms of Use where Sherwin Williams Company Terms of Use are given, with the unstated implication that M.L. Campbell is a Sherwin Williams Company. That does not appear to be a new addition to the web pages but that's hard to be clear about.

Gragg's Paint (KC area paint seller ?) shows no indication that it has eliminated M.L. Campbell products on it's web pages, though they could be out of date. But, Gragg's isn't listed on the M.L. Campbell distributors page. But I don't know anything else about Gragg's.

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    S&W bought them out. Graggs paint no longer a distributor. S&W playing dumb. Anybody know whats going on....
    Just heard about this last week as well. We use M.L.C. products too. We get them from Wurth wood group, not sure if there's one in your area, they're all over the place.
    "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong...It seldom turns the way it does in the song"