Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker visit Tejas style!

Of course here in KY we have a different definition for a roughneck!! But, looks like you all will may be guilty only of glutiny - a minor offense!

Sounds like you all had a great time. Just wish there was such a gathering in this part of the country. Would love to spend some time with other creekers, particularly while touring a Rockler store!!

Ken, hope you like your tenoning jig. I had a Delta which I dug out the other day to make sure it worked on my Grizzly 1023 - it doesn't!! The miter slot is further from the blade than the jig can extend.

John, I haven't looked at a Delta jig to know, but can the runner be taken off and reassembled where it will work, or possibly allow the jig to mount to piece of MDF with a new runner for the slot? I would have thought that the 1023 would have a miter slot that was roughly the same distance from the blade as the other table saws. Is that not the case? Might make me rethink what unit I get if I end up buying new. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim, the supplemental sled/runner idea may work. My previous saw was an AMT, about 20 years old, and I hadn't used the tenoning jig in awhile. Recently got new tools, DC system, etc., and I've been in clean up mode for a few weeks when I have time. I pulled out the jig, and admittedly didn't spend much time with it, but it doesn't look like it will work, but I may give it another look with your ideas in mind. Thanks!!

Ken, Jim, Martin, and Bill, I agree, I believe we all had a really good time. It was great to get to meet and visit with everyone. I thought maybe the Spring Creek and Rockler folks were going to start charging us rent.

I don't know about the camera problems. Next time, we need to take the pictures before we eat.
    Mike

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." - <CITE>Albert Einstein</CITE>

Mike, hope you were able to lay sod after that feast!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Nope, I put the sod down the night before. I knew that I wouldn't have time on Saturday.
    Mike

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." - <CITE>Albert Einstein</CITE>

Good move, and better thinking!! Jim.