Thread: North Texas IS going nuts with the FPP!

North Texas IS going nuts with the FPP!

I've been so busy I haven't had time to post this but here goes . . .

The Woodturners of North Texas (www.woodturnersofnorthtexas.org) did a turning demonstration last Saturday at the Richland Hills city library (a city just outside the northeast side of Fort Worth). John Horn, a member, talked with me about it a few weeks ago and got some info about FPP and the group decided to make Freedom Pens during the demo.

In one morning they ended up with 61 pens!! (us Texas folk can turn pens fast!!). 50 of those were delivered to me today and I'll get them sent off this upcoming week. One lathe that was used was a treadle type lathe like the antiques! I'm trying to find time to put a web page together with photos.

The pen kits and some of the blanks were donated by John Bean, president of Nairoc Corp (that's "corian" spelled backwards . . . guess what they make!!)

Can we get a mention and/or link on the FPP website for John Bean and Nairoc as contributors and for the WNT as turners?

The WNT is now talking about having another outing, possibly at a large area mall, to promote FPP even more!! Great going, guys!!!

In other news, the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star Telegram did some news coverage on the Richland Hills event but I haven't had the chance to see the stories yet. The reporter from Dallas called and talked with me at length about the FPP before the story hit the paper. Trust me on this one . . . getting a story in the Dallas or Fort Worth paper almost takes an act of congress!!! Whoever got that set up did an outstanding job!

In even more news, the Dallas Woodcraft has scheduled a T-A-T for July 31st but that has already been listed on the FPP site.

Even MORE news . . . the manager of the Rockler store in Arlington (between Dallas and FW) is now talking about a T-A-T as well . . . date is still to be set.

In another post on these forums, the Dallas woodturning group is also coming on board with a T-A-T scheduled in May in McKinney.

When Texans get involved, they GET INVOLVED!!

Thanks!

Jerry

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    WOW ! ! ! ! --

Lots of activity in the great state of Texas. Texas and Freedom Pens Partnership:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.