Thread: Ron Brese made front page of PWW

Ron Brese made front page of PWW

Was only a small pic and comment but the write up had only good things to say about his planes...

I better cut a deal with him before he raises prices
    aka rarebear - Hand Planes 101 - RexMill - The Resource

Just glad they didn't put him in a staple-thru-the-navel centerfold
    It's about time he got more recognition though.
    Use the fence Luke

A staple in the navel! Ouch!

Thanks for noticing guys. It's taken a lot of long days in the shop and a lot of planes, but it's been a labor of love and still is. Johnny your support and the parts you've made for me on short notice have certainly helped and customers like Doug and many others have made it possible for me to keep making planes everyday.

Ouch! A staple in the navel. The last time I had pain there was when my wife was in labor with our first child. She grabbed me right in the navel with her finger nails, glared at me and said "you did this to me!"

A little notoriety is nice but in reality there are still a lot planes to make and new ones to design and build and if you couldn't tell, "I live for this stuff!!!"

Ron Brese

Congratulations, Ron!

You deserve all the positive recognition you get. As I've told you before, your small smoother is a joy to use. (Now get back to work and finish my new 875-250...)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Kila View Post
    ...Now get back to work and finish my new 875-250...
    I smell a pre-gloat. We're gonna want to see some pics with curlies when you get that.
    Use the fence Luke

Congrats, Ron. Just received my copy of the mag and spotted it right away. Keep up the good work.
    "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong...It seldom turns the way it does in the song"

Congratulations Ron,
    I just got my copy of the mag last night. Very nice review. Your business has come a long way in a short time - must be doing something right

-Chuck

2 years of making planes before I started selling

Chuck,

The present web site has been up for a bit over a year and I was making planes for more than 2 years prior to that so it seems a lot longer. In fact it seems a long time ago that I was doing furniture commissions for a living. I sort of just gradually migrated toward the tool making and away from furniture commissions until one day I realized that I spent all day makings planes instead of building furniture. I guess that's the sort of thing John Lennon was talking about when he said "life is what happens while you're making other plans".

Ron Brese

Ya gotta respect a guy who makes planes and quotes John Lennon!!!
    -Ryan C.

congrats Ron, you do realize you are among a handful of plane makers who are still at it. Keep up the good work.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Zahid is right

Zahid you are right and the neat thing is that for the most part we know one another and occasionally do things to help each other. Some of us communicate occasionally and it's really pretty much like meeting another woodworker. You have a lot in common and never run out of topics to discuss.

We don't always agree on every aspect of plane making, but one thing we do agree on is that we love what we do. Building an object that has great visual attraction and a high level of work performing function is an intriguing pursuit.

Ron