Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayers for my daughter

You have our prayers coming. Take care of yourself too. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Prayers going out for your daughter and family.
    Mike

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." - <CITE>Albert Einstein</CITE>

Lori and I are sending them your way, best wishes and keep a positive attitude.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Sending positive energy out to you!

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mountain.
    Our thoughts are with you and your daughter Nancy.

What a hard year! You are a trooper!

My thoughts will be with you, your daughter, and the entire family. Remember to take care of yourself as your daughter will need you much more in the coming weeks than during the surgery. I look forward to hearing good news from you later in the week.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Nancy,
    Betsy and I and our daughter and grandkids are praying for your
    daughter. Please keep your spirits up and from my experience the toughest battle is the fear that always comes with these times. Be strong
    Ed

Update

it's after 7:30 p.m., and I just got home from the hospital - Amanda had her surgery today. The official diagnosis is ulcerative colitis, and the surgeon removed her entire colon. The ulcers had not reached her rectum (thank goodness), so they have prepared her "insides" for a reversal of the stoma in 3-6 months. She's in pretty rough shape now, from the pain from the surgery, but as the days go by, she'll be much better. She's fighting the nasal canula for oxygen and hitting the button for pain med about every 3-4 minutes, but she isn't getting that much med--just 1.8 mg per hour.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers - she still has another 10 days in the hospital and recuperation until the end of August, so we aren't out of the woods yet, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, notes here, the PMs I've gotten, and your good wishes.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Positive attitude

Years back I went though surgery to remove a brain abscess, after the surgery they told us I had less than a 2% chance of making it, luckily I did make it, although I was paralyzed completely on my left side, 6 months later and more pain and mental hardship than I ever want to go though again, I was back at work and enjoying life.

I believe in my heart that even as hard as it was, keeping a positive attitude had more than a little to do with Lori and I getting though all of that.

Hopefully you all can do the same.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery from Lori and I.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Will work out fine

Nancy -

I PM'd you details but I just want to say someone in my family had this exact problem and after 3 operations he has returned to normal in every aspect of his life.

Best of luck to all of you.

THoughts and prayers Nancy!

My Mom had the same surgery some 23 years ago. She stayed with us that summer while her husband worked who worked on an oil rig, drilled a ventilation shaft for a gold mine in nothern Washington.

Hang tough Lady!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Continued Prayers!

Nancy,

Our family will continue to pray for your daughter, you, and entire family! Praying for health and strength for all of you! God Bless!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

Recuperation is tough , just had minor surgery a few weeks ago. Two, three , four ... medications being processed through your system not to mention the actual site of the incision and the metal aspects are hard on a person. My thoughts will continue to be with your family.
    "He who saves one life, saves the world entire"

I'm glad to know that the surgery is over and your daughter is now on the road to recovery. Tell her we're all pulling for her.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra