Thread: 'Nuther Sofa Table

'Nuther Sofa Table

Hope y'all don't get tired of these, it just seems like every time I need to make something for an auction, or donation, I wind up making one of these. At least I'm getting pretty fast. Started with rough lumber Saturday morning, and put the final coats of laquer on it this morning.

Nice table Guy!

Let us know how it does in the auction.

Dewey
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I sure will. This is for our Newfoundland dog club's annual Water Rescue test and banquet. My guess is, with this group, it will bring $100 - %150.

Very nice Guy... what's it worth (?)... something is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Sarge..

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
    I sure will. This is for our Newfoundland dog club's annual Water Rescue test and banquet. My guess is, with this group, it will bring $100 - %150.
    This table is a steal at that price! Very nice work Guy.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Thumbs up

Nice work as usual Guy! The leg detail is interesting twist that I don't recall seeing before. (and you are getting pretty fast at this! ...could be profitable at that speed! )
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Yeah, the legs are different. I hate making identical projects, so I always try something a little different with each one. I made a jig for my router table that tapers legs and leaves a small portion of them square. I just cut a shallow dado all the way around, and wrapped them with some tiger maple scraps that I had laying around.

So far, I've made 6 of these tables, and still haven't made one for US. I have one started now that will finally be ours to keep. I'm trying my hand at some simple hand-cut inalys on the legs of this one.

8. Beautiful job Guy. The legs are really interesting. What type of jig did you make for the legs?

Looks like flame birch? Good option for contrast with the walnut, as I recall the previous tables were curly maple...???
    Well done. Although I'd have to see it in person to make up my mind on the leg detail... maybe it's just me.

Cheers.

Greg

love the colors the design....cool table...hope you post more work soon...

11. sofa tbl.

Guy..........most important element I see is that over the course of this style table that you build, your work keeps getting cleaner and cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Lamens View Post
    Guy..........most important element I see is that over the course of this style table that you build, your work keeps getting cleaner and cleaner.
    Thanks. I guess practice makes perfect (Not that I'll ever reach that level )

I have one more in the works right now. After all this time, we still don't have one of our own. We recently moved an old love seat out of the front room, so I'm making one for LOML to put in its place. I'm trying my hand at some simple hand-cut inlays on this one. I'm also adding some stringing to the aprons. It will be interedting to see how this one turns out.