Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lasered item for Weddings

Robert,
    Do you mind posting the cdr file for that? That really looks amazing and I'm sure others would want it as well. We all charge what we feel we can get by with and around here, It would have to be sold to a prominate family for that cost. The layout could open other ideas as well. Thanks!

If you would like the pattern send me a e-mail. the file is too big to post on the Creek.
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

You can zip it up...you're allowed 1.91Mb then.

Ahhha........ I learn something new every day! Now the problem is will I remember to do this next time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

Robert,

I'm intrigued by the optimization; did it just turn out that way after using the tools of Autosketch to create it? If not, was Autosketch used to optimize after completion? Or, what external program was used to optimize it?

I've put this on my "todo" list to duplicate in CorelDRAW eliminating all the penup/pendown which won't help much with lasering, but for mechanical engraving, routing, vinyl cutting will cut the production time in half (I guestimate).
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Roy Brewer said

I'm intrigued by the optimization; did it just turn out that way after using the tools of Autosketch to create it? If not, was Autosketch used to optimize after completion? Or, what external program was used to optimize it?

Roy,
    That's the way it turned out after drawing it in Auto Sketch. When you import a CAD file into Corel you can use the object manager tool to decide what get cut first. But I have not learned that one yet(that's on my to do list). Also when I did this wedding doiley, I only designed a 5 degree section of it from the center(except for the hearts) to the outside of the part, then I used a command called circular array that drew out the other 71 parts. You can do some very complex designs with Auto Sketch.

Wow, I had a really good look at that doily, it's really good.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Frank,
    Thank you for the compliment on my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Alexander View Post
    You can do some very complex designs with Auto Sketch.
    Robert,

Thanks for the challenge! I duplicated your doily from scratch in CorelDRAW. (Following is screen capture, not engraved.) Every object is a closed shape and I'd guestimate this will take at least 25% off the laser time, but I haven't confirmed that.
    laser doily.jpg

Robert,
    The following screen shot is from the lower left quandrant of your file. Can you see a the gaps/overlaps? Most of the areas are "dead on."

Would you please confirm if this is AutoSketch issue or an import error coming into CorelDRAW(X4)? That is, are these in your AutoSketch file?
    Doily-Corel.jpg

All,
    If anyone interested here is the doily created from scratch in X4(saved in Corel9).
    laser doily corel9.zip

I agree and that's one reason I don't do artistic or novelty type items. In St. Louis we just can't get paid for the time.

People look at it as machine made without realizing the talent and time involved.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Why can't I open the files?

I have down loaded files before, using "save as" - - -

But for some reason, neither Robert's nor Roy's doilies will open. Both were dowloaded but only show a blank grey screen with properties indicating no fill and black lines.

What am I doing wrong this time?

thanks, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Dee I have put the two files on one cdr file and emailed it to you. See if you can see them. If you can't then there must be something in your options that you have selected that we don't.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Frank,

Thanks a million, that works perfectly! You might monkey around a lot, but it's no wonder others want to ape you, you're the King of the Jungle!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong