Thread: Radial Arm Saw gloat

Radial Arm Saw gloat

So I'm not sure if this qualifies as a gloat, but a friend's dad gave me this Radial Arm Saw. If ya'll know of any place to get a replacement table that would be fantastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep, he definately got a gloat. He sucks.

Ebay sells Delta tables for RAS I believe. I would make one.

Matt,
    Make the table yourself. My 35 year old suffered some water damage, so I made one out of plywood. Go online to see if you can get a manual for it (this will provide instructions for leveling the table and squaring the fence). It is essentially two pieces plus a fence. When you have completed the table add a (replaceable) 1/4 inch plywood top to the front table into which you will cut, you can mount this with carpet (adhesive on both sides).
    Good luck,
    John

PS: a manual for any Craftsman RAS will probably give you enough information.

If it's a craftsman and it looks like it to me, the recall kit includes a table as well as the blade guard. Just search craftsman recall

Mr Sawdust table

I just built a Mr Sawdust table for a very similar saw mine is Model #113.23100. The Main table is 19" x 40" the rear table is 5 1/8" x 40" and the tabel spacer is 2" x 40" OWWM has the manual for my saw if you did not get one. If you need any more dimensions let me know.

Matt:

If you decide to make your own you need to make sure that the table is as flat as you can get it. The original table design calls for a levelling screw near the middle of the table using the metal bar underneath as a stop.

You should also check www.radialarmrecall.com to determine whether this saw is part of the Emerson tool recall. You'll need the model number. If your saw is included, the recall kit they send includes a new table, spacer, etc. in addition to blade guard and handle. It will have everything you need, including an updated manual to take you through the steps of levelling and squaring the saw to the table and the fence.

Greg

Thanks for the help guys. I called about the recall and apparantly the saw is too old for that. I'll give it a go at making a table and I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Don't call - go to the website

Don't call, go to the website and enter the model number of your saw. My saw is older than yours and it was included in the recall. The new table is included as well as an infinitely better blade guard system. It's easy and the upgrade items will be shipped to your door.

I have a RAS which is VERY similar to yours Matt. Mine is model 113.29461 manufactured in 1973. There is no retrofit kit available for mine Seems they are very widespread as to what models/years can get the retrofit.

Just get the model number from that tag on the front, left side of the base and enter it at: http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/ and it'll tell you if a kit is available. The best part about it is that if one is, it's free.

Be well,

Doc

Thanks Guys,

I checked out the site and it has no retrofit kit. My model number is 113.23100. I'm going to give making one a try and we'll see how it goes. Anything else you can think I need to be aware of when I go about rehabbing this bad boy? I.e. good blades and what not.