Thread: MY SHOP! (w/Lots-O-Pics)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MY SHOP! (w/Lots-O-Pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Garrett View Post
    ....It has finally come time to post some pictures of my workshop....I had been waiting for "the perfect shots" of the shop - when it is clean, organized, full of all the right tools, etc....in lieu of that day ever coming, I have attached what my shop looks like today - not perfect, but mine!......
    ...I couldn't have said it any better, Ed!

After viewing Ed's fine Shop/Barn http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=89156 ...I'd decided that I too was never going to post pics of my shop because it wasn't "just right" (which, I'll tell you it ain't never gonna be "right" )....I wanted to have my cabinets and worktables all nicely painted, a new outfeed table built, and on and on....

I built my shop in '93 and it's gone thru a couple of changes since then....
    It started out a hang out spot (with tools ) when my two boys were young. A place to work on bicycles or whatever...even had a pool table and a ping-pong table at one time!

As my boys grew it became a place for dirt bikes and railbuggys and anything mechanical....

About the time my boys were ready to leave home, and I was tired of greasy hands and tools.....I took up woodworking (most woodworking so far had been construction, framing, building, home repair/improvement) and I started "stockin' up" on woodworking machines, power and hand tools! (I sold high quality woodworking tool and equipment for 7 yrs. so I knew what I wanted and what to look for!)

Even now it's always in a state of change (I'm constantly moving stuff around/making room for new stuff,etc) but I love every minute I'm in my shop....sometimes it's just a place to get away, sometimes I actually get things done but it's always a place to relax and have fun!!

My shop is 20' x 28'

...So, On with the tour.....

We start with a view from the garage door end....
    Shop 1.jpg
    The view from behind the workbench....On the bench is a cheap plywood topped guitar that has a neck separation, I'm going to repair and use as a "beater"....It's in the pics because I posted some pics of my shop and projects on a guitar forum! (Yeah I have to share my shop with John too!)
    Shop 2.jpg
    Shop 4.jpg
    The Other side....(I use to have this bench turned 90 degrees and used it as a bench/outfeed table thats the reason for the miter slots cut in the end....)
    Shop 3.jpg
    My 22-44 Performax drum sander, Bandsaw, Floor drill press, and my small wood stash....
    Shop 5.jpg

Many more pics to follow.....
    Last edited by Mike Langford; 07-31-2008 at 1:41 AM.
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other