Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodworking Project Forum - trouble seeing photos

Blog Entries

Woodworking Project Forum - trouble seeing photos

Today when I went to look at the Wright Woodall Next Project - Crib thread, it would not let me see the photo unless I logged in. However, I noted that I was already logged in according to the "Welcome, Lee Schierer..." at the top right hand of the page. Every time I clicked on the link, it opened a new screen asking for my user name and pass word. Once I filled in the user name and pass word, I could see the photo even when I left SMC and came back in later, What gives??? Were my cookies stale? I was able to view the boards with my normal Advertisement off setting and wasn't seeing any ads.

P.S. Right after I posted this I notced the thread below withe h same problem from other users. Sorry for the duplicate, moderators can move this to that thread if they wish.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Can't see pictures

This is the same problem I noted in the following post. If the moderators would like to know the specific photos I cannot open, please let me know. (That may help in identifying the problem.) Thanks.

Lee and Steve,

I sent Aaron a PM as suggested by Keith on the 29th, regarding this problem and referred him to Steve's post, but have not received a reply. Maybe one or both of you would like to PM Aaron. Go to Aaron's User CP at http://sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=111 and click on - contact info - to PM Aaron. Just a suggestion. I don't want to bug him, but I would like to look at the pictures

I'm sure the 3 of us are not the only members having this problem.

If Keith or a moderator is reading this it would be helpful if you would update us.

Larry

I assume that you have all deleted your SMC cookie and still have the problem.

I will call Aaron tonight to see if he can look into this for you ASAP. I did talk to him this morning but didn't have time to discuss this with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I assume that you have all deleted your SMC cookie and still have the problem.

I will call Aaron tonight to see if he can look into this for you ASAP. I did talk to him this morning but didn't have time to discuss this with him.

Keith,

I just,
    > deleted all SMC cookies,
    > quit browser, reopened browser,
    > loaded SMC web page and logged in,
    > quit SMC, clicked on SMC bookmark and was logged in automatically.

I can view jpg pictures.

Pictures that do not appear and only show as an icon in the post, have this - attachment.php.html - label when downloaded, although I still can't see the picture.

The post by Mark Rios in this thread http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=89330 is an example. All I see is a small blue box with a ? mark.

If I click on the icon, I'm sent to: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...4&d=1217547485 to re-enter my ID/password. If I log in and try to open picture same message appears again.

It looks like the pictures I use to see in a new window, when I clicked on an icon, cannot open a new window in my browser now.

Hope this makes some sense.

Larry

No trouble here. I see Marks pics ok

I can see Marks pictures when I click on them but they are not thumbnails in his post, just links. Possibly this is because he has posted these before and linked to them in this post.

Either way I don't think the issue is with vBulletin, it has to be in your browsers or the settings. Possibly the way you have popups configured but I'm just guessing. Go through your browser configuation again to see if you have popups blocked for The Creek or if your security level has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    No trouble here. I see Marks pics ok
    Steve, do you see the pictures in the post, or do you click on an icon and have a new window open with only the picture?

Larry

Larry, I click on your link and it takes me to the thread, and the pictures show without any additional clicking

pictures!

i too can see pics without relocating or logging in again..and i havnt been here in a looooog time!!!! sounds like a path problem in your system or your prefernce's need to be adjusted. this is on a XP machine.
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Wellllll,
    On my IE machine I get what Larry gets PLUS it logs me out and won't let me log back in without closing IE first. With Firefox I get the pictures file name and click on it the picture opens in a new window. Both XP machines.

PS ot, Larry M. Next time your in Seattle let me know, I am sure we could meet up for a cold one Glad you had a good trip.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Have we narrowed this down to an Internet Explored problem?

Is anyone have this problem with Firefox?

Another Clue To The Mystery

I to experience problems viewing pictures on certain threads. In March another member asked me to view Steve Schlumpf's posts in the turners forum, all of his posts will not display pictures for me, I use Internet Explorer. My husband uses Firefox and Opera, so I tried using his system and can see the images with both. I really do not like Firefox or Opera so really do hope we can find the glitch in the system.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Have we narrowed this down to an Internet Explored problem?

Is anyone have this problem with Firefox?

I'm a Mac/Safari user, so it would appear to be cross platform - if that is the correct terminology. I'v deleted and/or reset cookies, preferences, turned off pop-up blocker, allowed all cookies to be accepted, etc., with no success.

What I don't understand is why this problem did not exist before. I think it started a few weeks ago, but not sure. I don't think I have the problem on any other site, but I spend a lot more time on SMC.

Not to keen on switching browsers to view pictures on one forum. I guess I'll live with it.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry James View Post
    I'm a Mac/Safari user, so it would appear to be cross platform - if that is the correct terminology. I'v deleted and/or reset cookies, preferences, turned off pop-up blocker, allowed all cookies to be accepted, etc., with no success.

What I don't understand is why this problem did not exist before. I think it started a few weeks ago, but not sure. I don't think I have the problem on any other site, but I spend a lot more time on SMC.

Not to keen on switching browsers to view pictures on one forum. I guess I'll live with it.

Larry
    Larry,

See my post directly above yours, the problem has existed since before March of this year.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.