Thread: Clt

Clt

Hi
    I would like to add CLTT to my business.Can I use what comes with the color laser printer or do i need to buy a special kind like you do for Sublimation ink.Which all of you know if its sets you use more getting it running again than you use making that one cup or what ever you need to do.I all ready have all kinds of transfer paper from Cond'e.
    Thanks
    Gail LaPorte
    T& K Awards
    Custom Laser Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Gail LaPorte View Post
    Hi
    I would like to add CLTT to my business.Can I use what comes with the color laser printer or do i need to buy a special kind like you do for Sublimation ink.Which all of you know if its sets you use more getting it running again than you use making that one cup or what ever you need to do.I all ready have all kinds of transfer paper from Cond'e.
    Thanks
    Gail LaPorte
    T& K Awards
    Custom Laser Engraving
    Gail:
    CLTT uses the OEM toner that comes with some printers. Minolta and Okidata toners will work. Call and talk to Mick Eminger at http://cactus-equipment.com
    He sells the paper that will work and other supplies and is an expert on the process. He will give you all the info you need to get started.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Thanks

Thank you very much.
    Every time I want to use my ink jet its clogged up and by the time I get it I am out of ink again

Also talk with the MagicTouch people. I've been using their papers for more than 8 years.

http://themagictouchusa.com/
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Printer

Thanks again
    I went and picked up a CLX-3160FN not sure how its going to do but I will find out today I hope.

Can you apply CLTT directly to acrylic or is the heat transfer temp too high?
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

You can do it but the temp needs to be about 280 using a green foam pad. Also be sure that the transfer paper covers the entire piece of acrylic or you will have marks on the area where there is no transfer.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Challoner View Post
    Can you apply CLTT directly to acrylic or is the heat transfer temp too high?
    Yep, you sure can, but follow Mike's advice. (Kinda open's up a new world of possibilities, doesn't it?)
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation