Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corn on the cob - on the grill?

I'm with you Tim, but if you try to hijack the thread again we'll gettcha behind the pool. The thread is about BBQing the beasties.

Boiled, buttered, salted - hard to beat.

Went out to dinner tonight and what did I find on the starters menu.... Grilled Corn on the Cob!!!!

Cleaned, dunked in Italian salad dressing, salt and pepper, grilled til golden brown and rolled in Parmesan. Served with a wedge of lime. Incredible. Finished up with the best ribs I've had in years.
    Last edited by Mitchell Andrus; 08-08-2008 at 9:55 PM.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

You guys make me hungry....My family has not bought any corn for over 10 yrs to keep in the house. We had our son tested for allergies (had a skin condition) and found out of all things he was allergic to corn and corn based products.......Ya, it sucks. We have to shop at the grocery for products with no HF corn syrup (its in everything) and we have to buy a lot of organic foods. Hopefully he will outgrow this condition. I would love a piece of corn on the cob!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    ever try removing the entire husk and tossing it in a pot of boiling water for about 6-8 minutes and then drenching it in butter with some salt?

I have yet to see a reason to improve on this method....
    Tim,

I bet I've eat SEVERAL DOZEN ears of corn fixed just like that. Mighty tastey Silver Queen corn!!!!!! Yummmmmmm~!!!!!!! Now I'm hawngreey!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Heppeard View Post
    For a south of the border flavor, try sprikling a little chili powder or taco seasoning on it with the butter then grill w/husk on.
    OOOHHHH!!!!!! Now I'm gonna hafta give that a try!!!!! I really LIKE my food with a taste of "kick" to it.

BTW, nice bike in the pic Greg.!!!!
    Dennis -
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    OOOHHHH!!!!!! Now I'm gonna hafta give that a try!!!!! I really LIKE my food with a taste of "kick" to it.

BTW, nice bike in the pic Greg.!!!!

If you like that, try some Anaheim peppers brushed with a little olive oil...just grill them inside down until they have some grill marks on them then turn them over and put a slice of jack cheese in them and when it melts, they're done.

I made some the other night, made a foil boat, spread some honey butter on top and set them on the grill. Once the food was cooked, I got the BBQ sauce and brushed everything, even the corn. Whoops. But it turned out sooo good, hubby asked if I could mess some more up tonight. I believe I will.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Costello View Post
    hubby asked if I could mess some more up tonight. I believe I will.
    ROFL!!!!!!!!

The LOML does stuff like that once in a while....mighty tasty at times.
    Dennis -

Don't mess with soaking, etc. Just toss it on the grill. Don't worry about the singed parts. Unless you really burn them it actually tastes great caramelized. Ever hear of fire-roasted corn? Chefs actually burn it over an open flame. I keep grilling until the outside is almost ALL black, not just in a few places.

I've done it exactly this way. It's a great way to do it especially when the corn is super sweet.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

I like Justin's method. But the way my Indian family does it is to season with salt, pulverized red chilli pepper powder and lemon.

I'm lazy.

Pull most of the silks and toss it on the top rack until everything else is done.

Soaking in water a few hours is better but just plain comes out good every time.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

I like to grill them coat them with butter add salt and pepper and wrap them on swiss cheese.
    blastcareers.com

So Mitchell, have you boldly gone where so many have gone before? Who is the winner so far in the Great Corn Grill Off? One thing is for sure, we need to have a big Creeker convention and cookout. Between the drink recipes and the food recipes we could have one fine party!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

If it's fresh, I simply grill it.

If it's from a store I soak it and then grill it.

Funny I found this thread now after having ribs and corn last night!

Regards, Rod.

P.S. If you have any left over fruitwood, the chips make a nice smoke taste in the grilled corn.

Get some heavy duty foil. Add the ears with the husks removed, add salt and ice cubes and seal it up. Throw it on the grill and let it go for 7-8 min a side.

Yummy!