Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Question Weekend doin's?

Good Friday Morning All,

Well, it's another rainy Friday morning in Okieland with rain predicted for tomorrow as well. May be a good day to clean the shop up and turn a few pens. As Sunday is supposed to be dry, I'm sure there will be mowing and yard work to be done.

Any sawdust in your weekend plans?

Have a great weekend,
    Bob

I will likely get some shop time this weekend as I got most of the "house" things done this week during "vacation". (Interrupted by a business meeting in NYC yesterday...such a dedicated employee I am. Sheesh!)

Dr. SWMBO and I are driving up to Dan Smith's place tonight to pick up some cherry lumber he is selling me. Tomorrow will likely entail the second lawn cut of the season before the shop becomes the focus. I have some additional cleanup to do, some turnings to buff and some small projects to get started. Now that I have the new computer with this excellent flat screen monitor, I need a new place to pile the bills...they just will not balance on a 1" wide ledge like they would on the massive monitor I previously was using. Since there is a whole lot more real estate available, I think some form of a storage system is in order. I also need to finish the glass-front doors for an additional cabinet that went in the kitchen. They have been sitting around too long...I actually kept forgetting they needed sanding. Since rain is expected for Sunday, I can pretty much count on being in the shop...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Weekend doin's

I still have a few old fence posts to cut up and a few more requests for whirligigs. These airplanes have been popular around here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rain is predicted but one can always hope. Whether or not it rains, I will be working on the joists and floor of my workshop.

Sun is shining! It's off to the wood working show!!!!!!

DK

This weekend will be busy. I need to spray the accents on a steel/cast iron bed I'm restoring - the pink paint will be flying! Then I need to wire up a 2hp Lesson motor and mount an Oneida 2HP commercial cyclone on the wall. After that I need to clear up the garage a bit so I can take delivery of a Minimax CU350 and then finally attend our Woodworking Guild's annual exhibition http://www.minnesotawoodworkersguild...ods/nwoods.htm

Rain, rain, rain.

Neighborhood garage sale.

Begin laying out the next project, a nightstand for my sons room.

Hopefully, a dry Sunday so I can get the yard mowed, but that may be wishful thinking.

Clean out a bunch of paint cans stored in the shop and take to the toxic waste dump.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

If the rains hold off, it's grass cutting. The rest of the time should be in the shop doing more cabinet work. I really, *really* need to get those things out of the way, as I can't even get to my little lathe and I have pens to do! Have a safe and super weekend, all!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Blog Entries
    It's just past 10 in the AM on Friday and I'm waiting for the inspector to come out and give me a passing grade on the floor joists and insulation for the garage conversion project. Should he give me a green, that will line up this weekends main purpose, which would be to get the subfloor down (glued and screwed) so that further work can begin.

Hope to be covering this this weekend!
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

I hope to pick up the wolverine jig from Woodcraft and a bowl gouge this weekend. So I will be mounting the jig and trying the new gouge out. Found some wood in the back that has been down for a year or so. Not sure what type it is but I remember it was a light colored wood when it was cut down, almost white. It should be interesting.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

I, and a few others here, will be attending the Sacramento Woodshow tomorrow.

I then hope to come home with some $$$s left but we'll see!

Late Saturday and Sunday will be more working on the EC and, of course, yardwork...
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Finish running power to my new tool locations and then SPIN THEM UP!!! Also got the final pieces from Oneida so I can connect a few tools that have been feeling lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kay
    I still have a few old fence posts to cut up and a few more requests for whirligigs. These airplanes have been popular around here.
    I wonder why those airplanes are so popular.????? NOT

Those things are cute. Nice work man.

Is that your own design? (Yes, Im fishing for plans:-)

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Wilson
    This weekend will be busy. I need to spray the accents on a steel/cast iron bed I'm restoring - the pink paint will be flying! Then I need to wire up a 2hp Lesson motor and mount an Oneida 2HP commercial cyclone on the wall. After that I need to clear up the garage a bit so I can take delivery of a Minimax CU350 and then finally attend our Woodworking Guild's annual exhibition http://www.minnesotawoodworkersguild...ods/nwoods.htm
    New subfloor in the mud room, A little garden time. Long punch list of kitchen items. And thanks to Steve's Post, I'll have to check out the WW Guild. Maybe I'll be able to pick him out. I'm sure you can't mask a New MiniMax Grin!
    Play safe!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    New subfloor in the mud room, A little garden time. Long punch list of kitchen items. And thanks to Steve's Post, I'll have to check out the WW Guild. Maybe I'll be able to pick him out. I'm sure you can't mask a New MiniMax Grin!
    Play safe!
    Well, I found out that my machine made it on the truck from Austin an hour ago. It seems they ordered a machine larger that what I ordered which usually is a good thing, however the machine won't really fit in my space so they've swaped out the outrigger crosscut fence to a smaller one (if you consider 5' small). I might have to due a little metal work surgery on the slider extension to make things work but we'll have to wait until it gets here.

One cool thing they're doing is taking a couple of digital pictures just before the crate gets placed on the truck. They then print out the pictures and tape them onto the side of the box - remindes the truckers not to mess with the package. I should be getting an email of the shipping crate soon - it will be a nice thing to have when I accept delivery.