Thread: Years Longest yard sale Stanley 60 1/2

Years Longest yard sale Stanley 60 1/2

Anyone know where I can get the eccentric plate that goes under the front knob on an old Stanley 60 1/2? Or is it possible that a new part ordered from Stanley will work?

Think I found a good user. Needs a little cleanup and the Japanning replaced. I'll taker before and after pictures and post when I get it rehab'ed

I may have one. Pm me your address and I will let you know. Price is free.

Are you referring to the 127 yardsale. Just got back. I went from Russell Springs Kentucky to Gadsden? Alabama. Best score was an unknown No.2 for $3 and a Stanley type 11 no.2 for $12. Other notable deals were a 45 with the blades for $50, a 289 for $25, and a no.8 for $30. Also picked up around 15 block planes the highest I paid ...$8. Several yankee 2101 braces also followed me home. I tried to pass up most no.4 and no.5's but I broke down and bought several because the price was $15 or less. Most of the deals were scored in Kentucky. The highest prices were to be found in Crossville TN. Saw a 27 transitional priced at $245 and a sargent knuckle joint block at $300

They where a $1.00 a few years back seems they when up to $2.00

http://www.stanleytoolparts.com/ecplfor12.html

aka rarebear - Hand Planes 101 - RexMill - The Resource

Wow. And I was all happy that I finally found one plane today after a month of looking.
    Todd F.

I just got back from the 127 sale too. I went from Jamestown, TN to Southern, OH. I made a few good scores too but didn't have the luck Clint did. The one gloat-worthy find was a #46 for $14.00.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

That's the one. If you were in Gadsden Saturday afternoon we may have passed and never known it

I had the bright idea of looking for sales all along the way from Trussville and Gadsden. Next year I'll get to 127 early and wander North. I'll send you a PM, thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Jones View Post
    I may have one. Pm me your address and I will let you know. Price is free.

Are you referring to the 127 yardsale. Just got back. I went from Russell Springs Kentucky to Gadsden? Alabama. Best score was an unknown No.2 for $3 and a Stanley type 11 no.2 for $12. Other notable deals were a 45 with the blades for $50, a 289 for $25, and a no.8 for $30. Also picked up around 15 block planes the highest I paid ...$8. Several yankee 2101 braces also followed me home. I tried to pass up most no.4 and no.5's but I broke down and bought several because the price was $15 or less. Most of the deals were scored in Kentucky. The highest prices were to be found in Crossville TN. Saw a 27 transitional priced at $245 and a sargent knuckle joint block at $300

I got started a little late in the day Saturday afternoon. I found an old Sears (not Craftsman...) 1/8 HP saber saw. It's a good big smaller than my Milwaukee and I thought to might be easier to do tight cuts. I found one guy that had a lot of old wooden planes, marking gauges, and a couple of block planes. All of them except the 60 1/2 I bought were in pitiful shape.

Next year we're going to do a little planning and start the day the 127 sales open and work our way north through Sunday...

thats to far north for me .

I did stop by a Garage sale this morning on the way to the beach and picked up a nice 4 1/2 for 5.00

I looked for a 4 1/2 for 2 days in central Ky, no luck. Did get a great looking Union No. 6 for $15 and a really clean Disston D8 and a Nicholson No. 49 for $5. This was my 1st year of doing this and was thrilled!!

Thanks or all the information. I ordered that part from Stanley, received it, and it fits just fine. It also pointed out that this plane needs some serious cleaning .