Thread: Latest adaptation of the EZ system

Latest adaptation of the EZ system

Attached are photos of my latest adaptation of the EZ System for woodworking. This application allows modules to be attached to the basic EZ Power bench to accomplish almost any woodworking task.

The power Bench fits in a small space and you can enjoy woodworking without going for that second mortgage.

What you are seeing here is a concept - an idea. We are just scratching the surface.

With all the interest shown in guide systems, I am presenting this so that others can share the idea. Even though I have used the EZ guide system, I'm sure that similiar applications could be made with other guide systems. I chose to present it in the general woodworking forum so that the maximum number of people could hear about the concept. Modules can be attached to almost any major free standing power tool.

A big plus for this system is the safety and ease of use that it has.

Here is a link to the photos. There is a brief description below each photo.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

Enjoy

Burt

Great table. Can use this table in any number of ways.

Dale

That is an awesome table Burt. This is woodworking jigs brought to a whole new level! Will you be working on one that can brew me some coffee and scramble some eggs while I cut next?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quadarella View Post
    That is an awesome table Burt. This is woodworking jigs brought to a whole new level! Will you be working on one that can brew me some coffee and scramble some eggs while I cut next?
    Peter,

Dino or Dik - I can't remember which - is working on that but I'm looking at the bar setup.

Burt

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Waddell View Post
    Peter,

Dino or Dik - I can't remember which - is working on that but I'm looking at the bar setup.

Burt
    Alright. First thing it needs to be stocked with is Ouzo so Dino will feel right at home.
    Dale

I agree Burt is a genius on designing his shop setup. But LOL, My thought when I read the above posters comment, was, this is going to make me want to do some sort of redesign on MY shop.

I hope to get back to playing in it soon. No fun lately.
    Thanks Burt, Dino.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-16-2008 at 9:10 PM. Reason: Removed quoted text that was deleted from other posts

I like the module approach. It looks like it would be very easy to store the modules under the table when not in use. That really does create a lot of tool in a small space.

The miter gauge idea is a great approach, and I like the module on the opposite end that can also be used for cutting things to length. I can see the advantage to using both; leave the miter gauge setup for the angle that you want and still be able to make quick straight (or other freehand) cuts on the other end.

So by using modules you are able to cut sheet stock and rips up to 48" or more, and without affecting that setup you can also make both straight and miter cuts. That's pretty useful for a lot of situations. More situations than one would think.

It's such a simple approach for the user (not easy to design I'm sure). These modules offer something for a lot of people. That's an approach I really like.

I need to spend more time looking at your pictures to really absorb it all, but I like what I've seen. Thanks for sharing your designs with us.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    I agree Burt is a genius on designing his shop setup.

Thanks Burt, Dino.
    Thanks Randal.
    This is the reason why one of the leading authorities in industrial design want to interview Burt.
    They think that when ( not if ) students learn of Burt's easy way they will increase the interest
    and the number of students in industrial designing.

Not only Burt is a genius...
    Burt is the proof that Yankee ingenuity is alive.

( Edit to delete my responce to Randal who quoted a removed by the moderator) post.

Thanks for posting your thoughts Randal.
    Last edited by Dino Makropoulos; 08-16-2008 at 9:44 PM. Reason: Edit my post due to a good moderation.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    That's a slick setup Bert.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bergren View Post
    I like the module approach. It looks like it would be very easy to store the modules under the table when not in use. That really does create a lot of tool in a small space.
    I agree...the modularity is probably the best feature of many great ones. Thoughtful and versatile design. Thanks for posting this, Burt.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for all the kind remarks.

This is just a beginning. In the days to come, we'll see specialized modules for many purposes. One that I hope to get together soon is a module for raised panel doors. I'm sure Dino has several things in mind too.

All of us working together can make woodworking safe and EZ.

Burt

This is what makes this system great. The only thing stopping a person is his imagination.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Sudhoff View Post
    This is what makes this system great. The only thing stopping a person is his imagination.

Dale
    Dale,
    Ouzo stops imagination.
    I hate Ouzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Makropoulos View Post
    Dale,
    Ouzo stops imagination.
    I hate Ouzo.

Only if you have to much.'

Dale