Thread: CI Fall of Sweden Chisels

CI Fall of Sweden Chisels

There is a local ad for 8 of these in a leather roll for $80. The ad says that they are new. Is that a good deal?

Thanks
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

I can't vouch for the quality, having never used them, but it's almost half the price of retail for a new 8 piece set.

http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com...oducts_id/2794

Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    There is a local ad for 8 of these in a leather roll for $80. The ad says that they are new. Is that a good deal?

Thanks
    John they look like real nice chisels and the price seems good compared to the link Bob gave . Let us know how you like them if you do buy the set.

Regards
    Jerry

I like mine...

I have a small set of four and I use them all the time. They hold an edge pretty well, sharpen up quickly when need be and they feel good in my hands. I will say that they are the only ones I've had since I started doing this so I can't speak to whether any of the others are better or not, but I do like mine.

5. Hi, I am a rank newbie, but I have a couple of them, they are very rough on the back and sides and take a considerable effort to hone out the ridges, but they do hold an edge well. I believe these are also the same chisels used by Robby Pedersen in the Handcut Dovetails video

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/category/podcast/

I think that would be an excellent deal for them... take the time to get em squared away, you're good to go...

-James Schulist

I'd jump on that deal.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Well I bought them today $80 for a set of 8 with leather roll up. The are all brand new in the cardboard packages. Never used. Now I will need to tune them up. I have been using the Marples blue handle ones. No complaints for the price, but the longer handle seems nice on the new ones.

for $10 a piece, you done good. And leather roll up, well,use it as an apron, heck, put the chisels in a rack above the bench.
    ps: i'm pretty much a toolaholic as well, and close to full-fledged admitting it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    Well I bought them today $80 for a set of 8 with leather roll up. The are all brand new in the cardboard packages. Never used. Now I will need to tune them up. I have been using the Marples blue handle ones. No complaints for the price, but the longer handle seems nice on the new ones.

That's great and all, but, it didn't happen without pics ya know...

I know, pics to follow

Quote Originally Posted by James Schulist View Post
    That's great and all, but, it didn't happen without pics ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post

Good to hear you picked them up , please let us/ me know how you like them once you put them to work .