Thread: Benjamin Moore Waterborne Satin Impervo Enamel 314

Benjamin Moore Waterborne Satin Impervo Enamel 314

I am having a tough time getting some tinted Target USL to match the color chart (biege color). While I try to work out my issue, I was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Benjamin Moore Waterborne Satin Impervo Enamel 314 (which I think I could get locally).

I will be spraying some kitchen cabinet doors soon, applying a burnt umber glaze, and then applying a seal coat. Would this process work with the Benjamin Moore products? Are they strudy enough for kitchen cabinet doors?

I'm no spraying pro, but I have sprayed about 10 or so gallongs of USL and really like the ease in which the product goes down, and the way in which it is SOOO forgiving (goodbye orange peel). i would like to ahve the same ease in application if possible.

Oh, I have teh PC PSH1, with a few of the larger tips.

thanks!

Jeff Jewitt can tint the USL for you...just provide him with the chip.

The Benjamin Moore product is very nice, but I could not get it to spray very well. Brushes nicely, however.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

BM Impervo sprays beautifully. I've used it for 4 - 5 furniture projects thinned with about 3oz water and 3 oz flowtrol per quart. I use a Fuji HVLP gun with a 1.4mm NN set and a 4 stage turbo.

I'm no expert, but I believe that Target's Super Clear 9000 is a more durable finish than USL. I might be wrong, though. Good luck with your project!

I have the PC PSH1 gun, and a variety of tips. Am I right in thinking that with the mix of floetrol and water you mention, I should be able to use the regular tip?

I was also wondering if I could spray the Benjamin Moore product over the Target USL, then wipe on a glaze, and seal all of that with the USL?

The tinted USL I can get has to come off a limited color chart, which there has been difficulty matching.

I've never used any of the Target products.... they don't seem to have much of a distribution system... and mail ordering a quart of something sure isn't cost effective... LOL

I hear it's great stuff and if they ever get the stuff into stores I'll have to try it.

I don't know what size is of the normal tip on your PC gun. I know that my formula works well with my 1.4mm tim and 4 stage turbo. It's worth a try with your rig, maybe some tweaking will be needed.

I have never sprayed BM Impervo over USL. Jeff at Target or Jeff at Homestead are petter prepared to answer that question. I have sprayed it over BM Fresh Start, C2 One primer, and Target Ultra Seal. The primers need a bit more water and flowtrol and the Ultra Seal is made to spray. I like the C2 One and Ultra Seal better than the Fresh Start because nothin bleeds through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Davis View Post
    I don't know what size is of the normal tip on your PC gun. I know that my formula works well with my 1.4mm tim and 4 stage turbo. It's worth a try with your rig, maybe some tweaking will be needed.

I have never sprayed BM Impervo over USL. Jeff at Target or Jeff at Homestead are petter prepared to answer that question. I have sprayed it over BM Fresh Start, C2 One primer, and Target Ultra Seal. The primers need a bit more water and flowtrol and the Ultra Seal is made to spray. I like the C2 One and Ultra Seal better than the Fresh Start because nothin bleeds through.
    I spoke with Jeff at Target. The BM Impervo can be sprayed over or under Target USL without any issues. I may end up spraying it in between, and will report back if there are any issues.