Thread: Clardy--You ever pick those elderberries? Or am I destined to steal them??

Clardy--You ever pick those elderberries? Or am I destined to steal them??

Steve,
    After dealing with a very strenuous mental day of learning five new languages with five new accounts, I welcomed the evening of plucking the cherry & large tomatos. Then I remembered you have the elderberry bush. Wonder if I could plead "mental sanity" while getting arrested during harvesting your elderberries????
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Oooohhhh.....I LOVE elderberry jelly...

I miss it, but the bushes just don't grow around here like they did when I was a kid a couple hours farther north. They were always along the roads and my mother would harvest them to make the jelly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Your mother was an hamster and your father smelt...(sorry, just couldn't resist)
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I know Jim. I haven't seen a wild elderberry plant in probably twenty years or more. But I do think I know where at least one is at!

I got elderberries

Yea I do. Tried talking the wife into her taking her wand and making some jelly, but to no avail

Most of the berries have fell off or are now 15 mile away, delivery distribution by birds splattering up someone's windshield

Holler next year bud. We have more bushes that should produce next year on the back 40

The SIN of it all.
    Jim, you up for a joint venture weekend trek next year for goin' elderberry pluckin'

i was told by a visitor the other day that i have an elderberry bush in my backyard. i tasted one, but it didn't really seem to be all that flavorful.
    anyone have a jelly recipe? there are enough berries on the bush to make something, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by mark page View Post
    Jim, you up for a joint venture weekend trek next year for goin' elderberry pluckin'
    Ya never know, Mark...ya never know...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...