Hi all,
I’m not much of a woodworker, so I hope you can help.
In the coming months I’ll be finishing some new quartersawn oak flooring. We plan to stain the floor. Until recently I had considered using Waterlox for the following reasons:
· Much prefer a “hardwax oil” type floor finish to poly, for aesthetics (figure enhancing, low sheen) and ease of spot repairs
· Relatively forgiving to apply
· Relative durability/ water resistance compared to my understanding/experience with straight up boiled linseed oil, Danish oil, etc.

The problem? My daughter has a severe nut allergy, so tung oil is out. Yes, I know that after it has cured the possibility of a reaction of small, but it’s just not worth it.
Most of the hardwax oil type products I’ve seen on the ‘net either include tung oil or are vague on ingredients. Others seem so focused on presenting a “green” product that they make little mention of durability or practicality.
Can you all recommend a product, series of products, or home made recipe/procedure with a similar look and attributes? I’d appreciate specifics! I should note a (probably unfair) bias against boiled linseed oil as I’ve had a few run ins with gummy or musty smelling BLO finishes. The flooring extends into our bedroom so a decade of off-gassing just isn’t an option. That said, I know all BLO products are not created equal and am open to the possibility.

Many thanks for any guidance you can offer.
Patrick