Thread: Dewalt DW7670 feedback

Dewalt DW7670 feedback

Does anyone own the Dewalt DW7670 dado set? I'm wondering how it compares to the Freud SD508, but the magazine review I found doesn't include the Dewalt.

anyone familiar with this set?

Hi Steven - I bought a DW7670 last year. It replaced a very good SD208, and so far I'd say the DW7670 cuts cleaner. I don't know how it compares to the 508, but the 508 and 7670 have the same number of teeth.

http://www.epinions.com/DW7670
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Triggs View Post
    Does anyone own the Dewalt DW7670 dado set? I'm wondering how it compares to the Freud SD508, but the magazine review I found doesn't include the Dewalt.
    I've got the Dewalt set also Steven, it replaced a Freud 206. I think it's a very good dado set and cuts very smoothly.

I think it is an ideal dado set and would meet the expectations of most of us "amateurs". It comes in an excellent carrying case with a variety of shims. I use mine on a dewalt 925 RAS and have yet to be disappointed. And the price was right, under $CAD100.

Thanks for the feedback. Yall have sold me, I'm going to go with the DeWalt set.

Well... other than an undersize hole on an outer blade...

I've had a DW7670 stacked dado set sitting in the supplied case since purchase and finally got around to using it this afternoon... almost...

One of the two outer blades has an undersize hole and will not fit onto the arbor of my saw. No problem with any of the other parts in the set, just the one outer blade. The problem is not a small burr or other obvious flaw on the hole. The hole is simply too small.

Seems like a nice set at a reasonable price, I just wish I could use it!

Smile Superb customer service from DeWalt

DeWalt customer service has been superb resolving my problem with this dado set (undersize arbor hole in an outer blade). This has been one of the most pleasant experiences I've had resolving a product defect.

I spoke with Judy - a friendly and capable customer service rep at DeWalt - and a replacement dado set and return mailer are both on the way. No hassles, no problems, no worries. Customer service doesn't get any better.

One additional note. The replacement dado set may be Delta branded under part number 35-7670... same blades, just an alternative brand name. The positive comments by reviewers of the DeWalt DW7670 above will likely apply to this Delta branded set as well.

Many thanks Judy and DeWalt!

Regards,
    Bob