Thread: At last I can gloat (officially)

Talking At last I can gloat (officially)

Earlier I mentioned that I had some stuff to do to the table saw. I finally can gloat because I finished up the preliminary work . The pictures below show the original plain Delta Unisaw. Then the saw with the Robland slider, and then finally the saw with the standard Incra fence.

So what is left? As can be seen in the last picture, there is more hardware to hang off the Incra positioning system, I need to make new extension tables out the back, and make my new router table for the right side. Also, can finally hook up the DC to the system. Not sure if I will hang the extra metal table top to the right of the current one before installing the router table. Time will tell.

I was pretty unhappy with the directions supplied by Laguna for the slider but the Incra directions more than made up for that! The Incra directions were clear with excellent drawings/pictures. I expect the remaining installation instructions will be of the same quality. To handle the situation about the slider, I am documenting the installation information (with detailed pictures) for installing the slider on a Delta Unisaw. I will post that as a separate thread and also send them to Laguna.

I now be table saw enabled.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    You've been gloating all along Robert and we have been green. Too nice buddy. Keep the pix coming.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Hey Robert,

Looks like quite the set-up! I had an Excalibur slider on my General TS many years ago before I sold all of my equipment. Now have a MM Combo machine. Any reason why you selected the Robland slider over other add on sliders?
    JimB

I looked at reviews of many different slider systems and this seemed to be the best one without going to an actual slider machine. One of the reviews I used is located at (is this legal to reference this?):

http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/Su...ingtables.html

Seems pretty solid with large bearing surfaces. Let you know how it works out as I use it more.

Quite a setup! Keeps those pics coming so I'll know what to buy the next time. Let us know how that slider works! Any more siding selling creekers visiting this weekend?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Looks great Robert! Can't wait to see the finished pics!

You are really gonna like having a slider on the TS.!!! I have used the one on my Robland X31 serveral times and have often wondered how I'd get along without a 8' sliding table on a TS...
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Table Saw

Robert
    Ah - that's allot of nice stuff hanging off that saw - Very nice stuff!
    BUT you don't have a power feed?
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

No power feed yet. It and several other toy ... er ... tools are planned for the future but still need to do the final finishing on the shop before getting more sidetracked.

What kind of air plane hanger do you have that saw parked in? We want Pics and lots of them. I love the Tablesaw setup Mabe your at that stage in your woodworking that I'll be in say... 100 years. Congrats on the saw setup and the hanger.

Jim
    For every 99 people that can handle adversity there is only one that can handle prosperity. Lord let me be that man!

Nice to see another Incra TS Fence fan. It looks like you have the newest design on it, too. I have the older one. I just love the accuracy!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks. Now if I can figure out where all those spare parts on the floor go on at