Thread: Finally, a new miter station

Finally, a new miter station

I've been diddling with this thing on and off for 6 months, finally finished it this afternoon. Well, sorta finished. I screwed up putting the Starrett tape on the fence, so I have to order another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice. That is a very loooooonnnggg fence!

Wow, looks sweet!

Nothing like a nice little bit of shop candy to brighten up the day. I like the DC on the miter saw.

The radial DP caught me off guard though, then I saw the floor model and it made a little more sense. I was about to ask why you limited your self by putting it in the bench.

How about all those dangling 2x legs? In my shop they would be prime candidates for kicking, or rolling tools into, there for tweaking em off of parallel.

Over all I think it's a swell set up, I'm a little jealous. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Berk View Post
    How about all those dangling 2x legs? In my shop they would be prime candidates for kicking, or rolling tools into, there for tweaking em off of parallel.
    Those will eventually be home to sets of drawers once I have the floor levelers tweaked (very uneven concrete).

Nice set up. Do you ever use the saw to cut miters as it looks like it would cut a chunk out of the fence. I like the dust collection, I have a similar set up only my dc is under the bench. I have been using a fitting off a PC biscuit cutter on the outlet to get it in the direction I want. Your flexible tubing gives me something to think about. Ha. I like it thanks for sharing.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Belknap View Post
    Do you ever use the saw to cut miters as it looks like it would cut a chunk out of the fence.
    The center 3' section is removable, I'm making zero-clearance inserts for the common angles and I can always just remove it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Holmes View Post
    Those will eventually be home to sets of drawers once I have the floor levelers tweaked (very uneven concrete).

Good deal, drawers will be nice.
    I feel your pain with the uneven floors, mine are at such a slope (I guess a good thing for water) in my garage that all my tools look out of level due to the 1 inch blocks on the down hill side. I live next to a flood zone so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
    Would love to have one of those Nasa hanger certified floors though flat enough to build a shuttle on, better than any torsion box.

Ms

Cliff,I can see why it to so long.Nicely done,I also like how you work in your DP into the same table and fence----Carroll