Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have seen it all...........

I have seen it all...........

A laser guided hand saw. Yes! It's real. Available on Sears web site.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...87902&sLevel=0
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Awesome! I have no idea how that could help anyone to saw more accurately, but maybe I'm missing something. Personally, I'm holding out for a laser-guided chipmunk.

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Just wait. Someone's going to retrofit an 80 yr old Disston...
    Where did I put that tape measure...

I watched the vid, and I'm not impressed. Crosscutting to a line takes a decent saw, some practice, and that old standby: actually paying attention to what you're doing. S&J should spend some time on their saws, for a change.

Awesome! Now I can combine woodworking with play for my cat. She goes bonkers chasing the beam from a laser pointer so now we can both get something from shop time. Just gotta keep her tail out from under the saw blade
    Use the fence Luke

"I have seen it all..........."

One might be tempted to think so but I'm afraid we ain't seen nothin' yet. But anyway, just think how much we are going to save on pencils....

What that saw really needs is some sort of trigger that causes the laser to burn the line into the wood so it doesn't move around when the saw moves.... the "Laser Guide Precision Line Zapper" or something.
    David DeCristoforo

What I really need is a laser guided hammer, so I can check firs if I'm headed to my thumb or the nail. Half way down I can check again to make sure.

How about Laser guided Elmers glue? Or wide-laser guided gorilla glue that shows the foam and drip patterns in advance?
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moser View Post
    Awesome! I have no idea how that could help anyone to saw more accurately, but maybe I'm missing something. Personally, I'm holding out for a laser-guided chipmunk.
    I developed a laser guided toothbrush. I now have no tonsils and use it to shoot down laser guided chipmunks
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    This will go great with my laser guided clamps
    Last edited by Scott Kilroy; 09-25-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling (like always)

I already have a laser-guided pencil, what more does one need?
    -Ed

12. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gerken View Post
    I already have a laser-guided pencil, what more does one need?
    -Ed
    A laser guided laser. That way you can make sure your laser is pointed correctly.

I put that right up there with the B & D battery powered tape measure someone gave me one Christmas. DUH!!!!!
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I remember the battery powered tape measures, that was a new level of lazy and stupid combined into a single product (IMO).

hmm, we should have a list of useless woodworking inventions.

I think the magnetic bracelet for holding nails/screws is pretty silly.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Not a woodworking tool but how about the battery powered adjustable wrench (another brilliant idea from the folks at B&D)?