Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Weekend doin's?

Good Friday Morning All,

Rather damp here in Okieland this morning after a frog strangling rain last night. Going fishing tomorrow and will probably be mowing, weeding, etc. on Sunday as I'm sure with all this rain the grass will have a drastic growth spurt!

What's on your agenda this weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone,
    Bob

I should be getting in some ductwork from Oneida today so I imagine this weekend will be consumed with installing ductwork in the shop.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    A Little HVAC Prep. Replacing the the home unit before I have too. Expanding coverage for more heat in shop, kitchen & den. Still get to play with big toyls .
    TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Finishing a small drywall job and then on to recovering a couple of tables with formica. Still waiting on the formica to show, so if it doesn't, I have a cabinet job waiting in the wings. Then, Sunday, it's back to the day job.

I gotta replace the mower deck drive belt, so I can mow the hay field (used to be my lawn - until the rain came followed by the sun) Started it last night and didn't see ont of the rocks cleared from the garden and KA-Flooey - there went the belt. It is the original belt for my 1994 Murray tractor, so it didn't owe me anything, just a PITA to have to go to town and get one (if they have any -probably gonna here, "we can order you one" - it seems I here that more than anything else)

Have (2) more wishing wells that are ready to paint, so if the weather is nice, I'l do that in the driveway.

Everyone have a Safe Weekend. I'll post the results in Dennis Peacock's Monday morning weekend recap post.

Take care all and be Safe

Just got back form the auto parts store and got a new Gates belt, so I guess there will be no reason not to finish the yard work.
    Last edited by Kurt Aebi; 05-14-2004 at 3:31 PM.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Bob - I hear ya on the rain. We got 3" here over the last two days. Thankfully I had mowed just before so maybe I can put it off till Monday. Wife is in Arkansas on business so I get UNINTERRUPTED SHOP TIME! We just renovated our church with new paint and flooring so I am working on a new bulletin board for the main entrance. The old one was the typical cork board with aluminum frame...yuk! I am building a nice cherry frame for a 4'x6' bulletin board. Then, hopefully I can come up with a design for a sofa type table (also for the church) to hold our Sunday programs.
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

This will hopefully be somewhat a quiet weekend. I need to purchase and install the insulation for the footings for my new shop and install it. I hope to trim out the new door I installed in my current shop (soon to be call storage shed). Then try to mow and weedwhip the lawn around the construction mess.

Have a nice weekend!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Mowing, weedwacking and watering. I hope to hang the cabinets for SWMBO. Once they are installed I start on the base units. A new HVAC system was installed yesterday and seems to work. I will be tracking it's performance all weekend. I will finish up a picture for a friend of my wife's.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Saturday will be the usual yard work pain but I should be able to finally, finally, put a dent into the carcass for the EC. I know I've been saying that for two weekends!

I have a new garage door going in next Thursday along with the I-drive from Wayne-Dalton. This GDO will require me to add two outlets and move some wires but that should be no sweat...2 hours work max.

Sunday...ah SUNDAY! Yes!!! Sunday I get up early and travel to Sacramento where I'll exchange an envelope stuffed with repeated pictures of two dead presidents for a MiniMax 20" Bandsaw!!! I received a shipment of Timberwolf blades from Suffolk yesterday and I'll be darned if I don't need something to mount them on!

Gee, now I'll just need some HELP unloading that bandsaw! Michael!? Rob!? Hello, hello, hello!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Well, I was smart enough on Wednesday to get the yard mowed real quick. 'Cause it has rained ever since, so at least I got until Sunday or Monday before it will need it again.

Some piddlin' around the house and town stuff on Saturday, then hopefully I can get some shop time in on the spinny thing and also begin working on cutting out pieces for a nightstand.

Really need to get some things planted and some removal of some other dead things and then something in the place of the dead things (code for pullin' and replantin' bushes).

I also really need to get the vehicles cleaned up and hopefully one of them will be clean enough to go into the classified ads. Wife hates the mini-van and wants one of those Infinity G35's.

Finally, maybe take a gander at some more acreage.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Selling my house.....I hope.

(though I said that last week..too.)

Donnie Raines

Makin' chairs - nice article about my furniture in a national newspaper about a month ago - now working 7 day weeks and still having to extend my quoted delivery times every day.

I will be fertilizing the lawn tomorrow morning. I will follow up that with stripping paint from the garage floor. Then there are numerous trim and other projects around the house that need to be done.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Trying to finish up my table saw and support braces for the dust collector. Maybe even clean up a little stuff out of the garage. I still have my complete list to do from last weekend that I never got finished.

Going up to my local chevy dealer in the morning. Been looking for a truck and they have an ad in the paper offering 7 grand off oll Siverado's in stock. If they don't take that 7 grand and deduct it from the value of my trade then hopefully tomorrow I will be driving a new Chevy I am also going to try and squeeze a deal out on Toyota Tundra...thats the truck I think I want, we''ll see.
    Last edited by Tim Morton; 05-14-2004 at 8:30 PM.