Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dancing Bowl

Thanks to everyone for the nice words. It's been a while since the previous postings, but the auction finally took place and the "Dancing Bowl" brought $90.

Meanwhile, LOML and I (with some friends) went on a river cruise in Europe. We started in Budapest and ended in Prague. Things aren't cheap over there right now, but the scenery is beautiful, the people friendly and the beer plentiful. It just doesn't get much better than that!

Upon our return, LOML decided "we" would give bowls and pens to some of the people on the Christmas list. Oh, darn! I'll probably have to spend the next month in the shop!

Bob
    Spinning is good on a lathe, not good in a Miata.

Retirement ????? oh boy are you in for the Honey Do's. Also it looks like the dancing bowl may give over to some ornamental turning / index work and / or even a Rose Engine lathe. I throughly enjoy my ornamental turning combining it with hand work , it allows my " precise " side to co-exist with my " not so precise " side and arrive at some " pretty cool " things . I spend more time planing a piece then just forging ahead and see what happens, I REALLY get to use the smaller pieces of scrap/swarf . and if one were ever intrested in metal machine work , it is very satisfactory and a whole lot cheaper.BTW( I use my Jet 1236 along with a compound slide to machine steel and wood and am very happy with the ability of the Jet to hold tollerances) .
    John 3:16

That pecan bowl is great. What tool did you use to do the piercing?

What Scott said. Both of us liked them. And that subtle lip at the opening of the Maple bowl is awesome.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.