Thread: Shop Made GCS-v2

Blog Entries

Shop Made GCS-v2

I have a project coming up that will involve some sheetgoods work. Tie to update my trusty old shop made GCS.

GCS-v2 Shop Made 001.jpg
    I used ripped pieces of 3/4" MDF and 1/4" hardboard. Your measurements will vary with your saw and your hardware but, these pics should tell the story. The holddowns can slide to any size within the capacity of the jig. Mine is 54" to cross cut ply or MDF or anything smaller.

GCS-v2 Shop Made 010.jpgGCS-v2 Shop Made 011.jpgGCS-v2 Shop Made 013.jpgGCS-v2 Shop Made 017.jpgGCS-v2 Shop Made 018.jpgGCS-v2-SU-2D.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Very cleverly done!

Glenn,

I really like the clamping solution, I'll definitely be using that when I update my own version. Out of curiosity; what does GCS stand for? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
    Charlie

Blog Entries
    GCS = Guided Circular Saw (the acronym sprung from EZ Smart, Festool and other threads I have read here) and my apologies for not defining it in the original post. Although we use a lot of acronyms (DAMHIKT) I try to qualify them when using them for the first time in a thread. My bad . This version is a trade off. The sliding clamps below leave the area above free from cord-grabbing clamps but, requires a good 2-1/2" of clearance between floor and material being cut. I just picked up another coule of 2' x 4' panels of 1-1/2" foam board insulation (since I already had a few pieces that thickness) and double 'em up when working on full sheets on the floor.

Last edited by glenn bradley; 09-24-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler