Thread: Corel Software for Epilog laser

Question Corel Software for Epilog laser

I am searching for an Epilog laser for personal use. Someone I have been in contact with has suggested I get some Corel software and generate some designs that I could then run on his demo laser. My question is, do I get the Corel DRAW Graphics Suite X4 or Corel Draw Graphics Suite 12? I am a bit confused and would like some opinions from those that have compared the two.

Thanks!

X4 is the newest, V12. is 2 versions old.

It went from V12, to X3, to X4. X4 is new and there appear to be some fairly serious bugs in it that laser folks have complained about on these forums. X3 is fairly rock solid and few issues have been brought up with X3.

You can find X3, new, in the box for about $100. Make sure you get the boxed version on any version you get. It has a thick book with all the fonts and vector graphics you'll be needing to reference. Without that book, it's a real pain to find fonts and graphics.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott! I will look for X3.

I agree with Scott, I have yet to find a reason to upgrade to X4, used 12 before X3 and X3 is an improvement.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Me either. X3 works great for me. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation