Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best little disk sander?

I have just been using a drill. But I recently converted to VincesWoodnWonders discs and I can not say enough about them. They are great! Cut great? Last a long time! Reasonable price!

Joel
    Life is to short to turn crappy wood!

Photos of Inertia Sanders

Steve, here are photos of my sanders, and one closer shot of a single sander.
    Pic One: Shot of the back side of the little shelf bracket above my Grinder Table that holds nearly all my little inertia sanders. I made some extra ones in smaller sizes (not shown), but I have at least one for each blue grit that Vince sells, and some of Klingspoors yellow discs in the sizes that Vince doesn't handle. When I'm out of yellow discs I'll only order Vinces. I think they're the best.
    At the lower right in this pic you can see just a bit of the peanut cans I keep on a little swing-out shelf that holds my new sanding discs. I put the discs in the cans with the velcro side up, so I can pop a top, stick the sander in, and pull out one disc. Quicker than my shaky fumbling fingers.
    Pic two: Single Shot, closer. 1" dowel for handle. 1/4" allthread, bent, and epoxied into the bearing, Roller Blade Wheel, 3" disc of Flip Flop contact cemented to Wheel, Industrial Strength Velcro, Sanding disk.

Easy to make, work like a charm. I spent one day making some prototypes, and one day making the rest. Worth the time and effort.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Neighbors; 10-04-2008 at 6:50 PM.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.