Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oneida Pro 1500 verses Grizzly GO441

It really blows me away that some here are actually trying to tout the Grizzly Chiwanese low efficiency motor over an american made Baldor, as being an advantage to the Grizzly cyclone. Guess I've seen everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    Any measurements yet?

Not yet--may have to tear the whole shop down. Been traveling and spending time in Maryland. We may be moving there real quick. My wife has to have an answer in to her boss in the next week, and then we'll find out how fast we have to relocate.

I'll be traveling most of the month, so won't be in the shop for the next several weeks.

Everything is ready to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hedges View Post
    It really blows me away that some here are actually trying to tout the Grizzly Chiwanese low efficiency motor over an american made Baldor, as being an advantage to the Grizzly cyclone. Guess I've seen everything now.

You should read more carefully!

We are questioning the true HP capability of the Grizzly machine, not the printed rating.

I don't think anyone is comparing the quality of the two motors--I'd take a Baldor any day over a Grizzly if this was the only comparison.

BTW, all motors are inefficient if they are not used at or near their ratings--the reason myself and possibly some others are thinking the Grizzly has an over-sized motor on it.

Greg

Bartee,

First off, I just want to say "WOW" to a fantastic job you did on your DC enclosure! Very impressive. I am about to pust the button on purchasing the 0440 2HP Grizzly DC and I too want to build an enclosure. Mine, however will be in the garage, but noise is still an issue. My question is: what is the total footprint of your enclosure build? I know the dimensions of the DC itself and I intend to buy the stand with mine (since mounting it to the wall is not an option for me as the wall is adjoining to the interior of the house, thus would create more interior noise/vibration I think), but curious on your footprint. I have limited space in my garage and wanted to get some idea on how much space I would lose. I appreciate your time.

PS: Alpharetta is a really nice place. Although my family and I now live in Savannah, GA, we still own a home in Snellville, GA!

Randy

one thing no one has talked about is the filters. the oneida filters are designed for the job. they don't have all of the pleats that clogs up as fast as most of the others. they are also higher quality. I was debating on buying them for my setep.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing