Thread: Question on picture size

Question on picture size

As I am almost computer illerate( see i can't even spell it) I need some help or info on picture size for this forum. I have posted a few pics but have to go back and resize them and that takes the fun out of it. I must be missing something.
    If I get the info I can send Pictures.pictures. pictures. which I seem to understand is a preresquite of this friendly Forum. he he he!!!
    thanks, Fred

Fred, I just posted a really brief "tutorial" on another thread. You can check it out here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9316
    Basically, if you keep the pics under 100kb and 600 pixels or less in width, you should be good to go.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Blind Leading the Blind

Fred, I'm probably less qualified than any one to answer This, but I'll give it a try. Then we can sit back and read the real answers from the pros. In the first place there is a limit to the size of a picture. If it is over about 100k it won't be accepted. I try to keep mine well below that. Secondly, if it is more than 650 pixels (+/-) wide it won't fit on the screen side to side; so one has to scroll side to side not only to see the picture, but to read the text also. It's very annoying. Having given you all the info I have I'll fall silent.

Do post some pics.
    18th century nut --- Carl

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Fred, I sized the pic's in this thread to 400X299 and it seems to be a good size if you are posting more than one picture. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9339
    Generally, if you see a picture size that works for you, right click on it and then click on properties, it should give you the pixel size that was used.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I do links to my own site, but when I don't I use 400x300 pixels (or 4x3 inches)

Question on picture size

Guys, thanks for the info about the sizing of pictures. That should make it easier and more fun to add pictures to my posts.
    Fred