Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Mortiser

I just did some looking on-line, and actually, the Woodcraft site is now listing the mortiser at $270. Looks like I have to go back to Woodcraft this weekend.

Sarge -- thanks for letting us know about this.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Brent... sorry about the handle mis-interpretation thing as that thought actually crossed my mind latter down in the shop. The shaft and casing are steel and the gear is large enough that flex just won't happen.

I got an e-mail from Jim Box (head of Steel City technical) with the flyer showing all Double Rebates and the mortiser is definitely $60. The Double Rebate is only a week or so old at this point and is not posted on SC's web-site but hopefully will be soon. They have notified distributors so they should be aware. If not.. have the distributor call SC as most machines are being double rebateed. BTW.. nice price on the drill press also and I may jump as I didn't intend to get the SC 17" until spring with the current econmomic situation. I can live with beans and rice and no gas but... going cold turkey on tools is out of the question. ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

James... I sent you a private message on the forum. I have the promo e-mail in my save box Jim sent but don't know how to post it as I am a computer illiterat to say the least. If my wife (who is out at the moment) knows.. I will have her post it for me here.

Regards...

Sarge..
    Last edited by John Thompson; 10-08-2008 at 9:06 AM.

The Double Rebates are now on the web-site as I made a phone call this morning.... Look down the page on left for Just Released Double Rebate.

Sarge..

Double rebate

Someone at SC was reading my post because they really did double the rebate to 60 bucks making it a no-brainer! Thanks for everyone's input I will put it through some cherry and walnut this weekend and put a review out! Thanks James
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night
    -Poe