Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday October 10th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

What a week. Sunday meeting up with Idaho Ken. He's leaving Wisconsin today for home. Safe trip home Ken.

Raining Sunday through Tuesday and now we're going to be in the 70's for the weekend with sun. The leaves are really turning now, after our frost of a week ago. Colors are beautiful.

Going to try and get another round of golf over the weekend. Might be the last chance with weather this nice. Other than that I've got to get some more stuff put away for the winter. And start getting out our winter clothes.

What's on the agenda in your neck of the woods? If you're lucky enough to be in the northern parts of the states, take time to enjoy the fall colors.

Have a great weekend and be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Well.....Karl let the cat out of the bag.

I start my journey home later this morning. This weekend I have a couple of turning projects I need to try to complete.

BTW.....Thanks for the soup Karl! It was certainly good!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Going to be one of those weekends that will go so fast I will be back to work before I know the weekend was here.

Starts tonight, have a wedding rehearsal and dinner to shoot tonight and then the Fort Worth air show to shoot tomorrow. After the air show I will be shooting the wedding and then on Sunday I have to work at the air show.

So the shop will see no use this weekend, after the air show on Sunday I have all the wedding pictures to process and get ready for delivery.

For Canadians it's Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm looking forward to my in laws having dinner with us on Monday.

Aside from that, I volunteered to fabricate some plates and weld them to the bottom of 4 lathe stands for my woodturning club so that they can put casters on them.

If the weather is good I'll make it Mom's on Sunday to wash the windows, it's one of those tasks that needs to be completed before winter.

Oh yeah, I'll also pick up 6 ball bearings to "de-Parkerize" my bandsaw.

Regards, Rod.

I'm awaiting the arrival of my spankin' brand new Grizzly G0514X2. Should be here any minute. Of course...it doesn't exist without pics so when the time comes you'll be the first to see it!!!

Burt

Cutting firewood and.......probably some roundtoits

I for once have something to contribute to this thread.
    Friday - Finish the wiring and start assemebly my G0513x2 (Sorry Burt, but I ordered mine earlier than you did)
    Saturday - Usual errands plus pictures of the little one and hopefully finish assembly of the saw
    Sunday - Build pavillion outback to relocate the L&G stuff from the basement so there is room to use the aforementioned saw

Luckily I am in the northeast to see the colors change.

8. will be smoking some pork butts and beef brisket for a dinner at church Sunday.
    I hope that they will turn out looking like these:

Just generally doing work around the place to get it ready for winter on Saturday. Sunday I'm hoping to get 6-8 uniterupted hours in the shop so I can get a good head start on a TV console I'm building.
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

Well...horsie things and mowing the lawn on Saturday. Dealing with some shelving on Sunday followed by "quality time" with PowerPoint preparing for a meeting I have this coming week with a customer.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm still swamped with hail damage repairs from the storm of July 2.....haven't worked weekends since I left the family farm, but I have to now to keep up with all the requests.

Insurance companies keep sending me the work, I am only too glad to accept.

I hope to finish the bench loml asked me to build.I've got about 75% of the construction done if she doesn't change her mind.Then Ill need to put a finish on it and upholster the seat.We might have time to catch a movie Saturday if things work out.I also want to start building some adirondack chairs for some friends with new bornes 4 in all for 3 families.These are fun to build.
    hope everyone has a great weekend,
    Chris