Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Bandsaw stuck in driveway

HELP! Bandsaw stuck in driveway

Just took delivery of G0514X2. Pallet is about 6" too tall to get into garage. It's trying to rain and all forecasts are talking rain/snow so I'd like to get it into the garage, at least.

How much does the table weigh?
    What about getting it off the pallet?

Ideally, I'd get it into the garage, off the pallet and then move whatever is not on the spine into the basement. Getting the frame down is something I'd like to consider later. I'm completely redoing my shop so I'd rather keep it in the garage until I can have a good space for it. Additionally, I have some Great Lake Casters on the way. They may actually arrive today so I'd like to put them on as well.

Your experiences are much needed!
    Thanks,
    Burt
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. can you lay it down or tilt it back far enough to get it inside?
    Do you have any help?

I'm concerned it will fall on me (us). Nobody's around at the moment so I'll have to wait for neighbors to return from work.

4. I don't blame you, a dropped machine is a bad thing but a mashed person is worse...
    Does the shipper show the weight on it? If you can "walk" it off the skid, will it be low enough to clear at top.
    In any case I would have a tarp ready in case it starts to rain/snow!

3 people can lay it down on a couple of dollys. I have a 775 lb band saw and three of us layed it down with no probs.

Use a dolly, buy, or rent one and you can lean it backwards. It definitely helps to have two people to get it pushed backwards, one behind to stabilize and one in front. Once the weight is balanced on the wheels, it's easy to move around.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    My son & I just leaned my MM16 to get it through the garage door opening. It wasn't a big deal but he's as strong as an ox.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Two guy's can lean it over and skid it in threre.
    Cheers Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Levy View Post
    3 people can lay it down on a couple of dollys. I have a 775 lb band saw and three of us layed it down with no probs.
    I'm with Noah. I leaned my MM20 over to get it into the garage. Three of us did anyway.

Myself and a friend got my LT18 into my garage by leaning it on a dolly. Just make sure everything is secure before you lean it over.
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

Blog Entries
    Another leaner here. My G0513X is about 45lbs lighter. I bolted it to the mobile base, two of us leaned it back reefer-dolly style and rolled it in.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Based on the time it's probably too late for this, but if you uncrate it, 2 people should be able to handle this pretty easily I think.

I had rain threatening when my MM16 got delivered and no neighbors were yet home. I pulled the crating from around the saw and by then a few folks were home. With 2 helpers we got it off the pallets (2) and crab-walked it into the garage. 5 minutes later the downpour started.
    Use the fence Luke

Throw a strong non-stretch rope like dacron, over the house and tie off to the eyebolt, then secure rope so it does not drop, then ease it down with help. Watch out for gutter damage though. Had to tie off the eyebolt and raise machine to get my 514X2 onto mobile base and rolled into the basement. Used an engine hoist on mine. Remove the table first...it's half the weight .

I had laid mine down in the back of my pickup. And I unloaded it inside the shop. Myself and a neighbor were able to handle it just fine. Also Burt your going to need a couple of piece of 2"square tubing to mount those casters. The bottom of the saw is hollow. Your going to love the saw and the casters. Congrats on the new saw!
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 10-10-2008 at 7:32 PM.