Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UtterGuys Experiences

I purchased a small air cleaner that was damaged in shipping (filter was pierced). A small detail that lots of other places would have been too much of a hassle to deal with.

Utter Guys didn't have any filters in stock.

So they ordered one, and sent it to me.

I know it doesn't seem remarkable, but I assure you that in this day and age, companies that do what they say they will are rare. I was impressed.

Same as everyone else, transaction was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    With the Live Search Cash Back at 30% I am pondering picking up another tool. It is listed Buy It Now from The Utterguys. Based on you experience with them, would recommendation against or for purchasing with them?
    I did the same thing -- 25% cashback two months ago for a bandsaw and tablesaw. I'd buy from them again.

I live by their storefront and have been there several times. They have a nice store and their service is responsive and prices competitive. The unfortunate thing is I have to pay sales tax when dealing with them.

They also have a website independent of ebay and I have found them negotiable on prices as well.

I bought a Rikon Bandsaw from them with the cash back deal and had a good experience. The were also very fast in shipping it.

I bought my Fein RT1800 router from Utterguys. No problems here.
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Cambra View Post
    I live by their storefront and have been there several times. They have a nice store and their service is responsive and prices competitive. The unfortunate thing is I have to pay sales tax when dealing with them.

They also have a website independent of ebay and I have found them negotiable on prices as well.
    FYI
    You have to pay sales tax when dealing with everyone. Check out http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/consumer/
    It clearly states if you buy something from out of state you are required by law to report it and pay the appropiate sales tax. From there it is a matter of your integrity whether you do or not. Incidently most other states have the same requirement.
    Ed
    Ed