Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday, October 24th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

It's raining. Yep, started last night and is supposed to rain now into Saturday. Could be worse though. It could be snow, as some areas of Nebraska and Kansas and points north have had already. You got snow yet Tyler?

Nothing accomplised this week. Everyone is sick, except for me. So far I've avoided the bug. KOW [Knock On Wood]

Most everything is taken care of outside for the upcoming season. Last thing is to fence in some small evergreens that the deer like to eat. Oh, and get the snow thrower on the JD after I make one last pass with the mower to mulch up leaves.

My friend brought a deer decoy by yesterday to see if I could make an ear for it out of wood. Seems, the ears keep falling off and then get lost. This should be interesting. Maybe I'll see what I can do with that over the weekend.

So, how's things in your part of the world? Big plans? Or just everyday things for the weekend?

Have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Son and I will be doing a different kind of woodworking again this weekend. We'll be cutting firewood about 50 miles west of you. (Unless it rains too hard!)
    It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

After three days of putting in laminate flooring in the new house I'm looking forward to two days at the dog show. BTW -- For those following the shop garage build at the new house, it's close to being done. Next week I'll be painting the interior.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I should have time to get in high gear on the bench project.... other than that not much. Going to do my bestest to get to where it at least resembles a bench.
    I got a bunch of pieces cut for an end grain sutting board last night that I should have all but done by the end of the weekend too. Trying to actually get a couple Cristmas gifts done "early" (errr.. early for me ).
    Might also find time to rip some more blanks to give to the spinny guys in the Freedom Pens deal too... I ripped off @ 150 earlier this week.
    Cheers.

Odd ball jobs around the house.

Some Christmas gifts to turn.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

This weekend is going to stack up to "mostly horse"...with our regular lessons on Saturday taking up half the day and a show on Sunday morning. Nastia and I are riding in both and Alesya also has a lesson. Oh, and one event in the show on Sunday is the "Costume Class" where Dreamy, our leased horse, will magically transform into...the Chick-Fil-A cow. (Only horse at the stable that can do that without a full body costume! LOL)

Outside of that, I'll be installing the "Ultimate Lockpick" electronics in my Highlander Hybrid to give me an audio input for my iPhone and doing some additional work in the house or organizational an decorative nature. I do need to deal with an issue in the shop with over voltage which is effectively shutting down my slider. PECO, our electric provider has been uncooperative with dealing with this at the pole and the 243+ volts currently on the supply is tripping the over-voltage circutry in the saw. So, I'll probably be spending some computer time ordering a buck transformer similar to the one that Sam Blasco had to use in his new shop for the same reason...and maybe a little shop cleanup if I have time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

painting the living room ceiling and walls. Going to be a big, long, dirty, painful mess of work.

Maybe if i am lucky I will get some time in the shop to finish some storage cabinets that I am making for the shop. Can never have enough drawers!
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Blog Entries
    I'm sitting around on my rump. They whacked a spare chunk of non-cancerous meat outta my chest on Teusday so I'm stuck in the easy chair for a couple more days knitting up. It is frustrating to have time off work and not be able to do anything. If that's my biggest complaint, life is good, eh? ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It started raining here last night, but is suppose to end today. Finishing up two weeks of vacation. Have to go back to work Sunday on overtime. Plan on doing a little work in the shop Saturday morning but need to finish up early to watch LSU/Georgia game. Didn't get a chance to comment last weekend, we were in Waco for the SWAT Symposium. Had a great time and seen some great turners. Have a good and safe weekend.

GO TIGERS
    Bobby
    Louisiana

Going to pick up tile in the morning, then the ceiling fan. Wire the fan up. May start scraping up the original texture overspray that they carpeted over when the house was built in '85 so the tile will stick.
    I'll start doing the venetian plaster in the entry tomorrow afternoon. Will do the second coat on that on Sunday while LOML does the sponge painting on the "Pink Room" walls, and hopefully get to paint the crown molding that afternoon. Then by next weekend, I'll start the tile. Somewhere in there, I'll need to put a second coat of paint on the ceiling of the "Pink Room". I think I have just enough paint left.
    Weather will be beautiful here this weekend.
    Don, good to hear on the shop. But did you get my email? Have you looked at the free giveaway thread? You need to go look! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I'll be staying home for once. I need to get some outside maintenance done including washing and waxing the camper and putting the storage cover on it--if it stays dry long enough. Also getting started on my daughter's dresser which HAS to be done 2 months from today.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Finishing up the pledge drive at the radio station. Spinning blues tomorrow.
    We're looking at snow over the weekend.
    Have to get back to the master suite project.
    Been having too much fun all summer.
    Play safe
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Building an 8 foot wide 7 foot high swing out carriage house door. if it works okay, I'll build another for the other half of the 16 foot bay. Maybe next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by alex grams View Post
    painting the living room ceiling and walls. Going to be a big, long, dirty, painful mess of work.

Maybe if i am lucky I will get some time in the shop to finish some storage cabinets that I am making for the shop. Can never have enough drawers!
    Hey Alex,

You can come work in my new shop by painting the walls and ceiling. I'll be there to keep you company. It would give you the "shop time" you're seeking.

Jim,
    I did get your email and checkout out the thread for the Grizzly chuck. Keith hasn't answered my PM to him.
    Last edited by Don Bullock; 10-24-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

And now a word from our sponsor!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell View Post
    Finishing up the pledge drive at the radio station. Spinning blues tomorrow.
    Tyler,

I envy you. I was a radio announcer for 20 years of my life...started out in TV when I was only 6 years old. Ahhh, the good old days.

Still finishing up winterizing projects here, before the cold sets in. I have to put a new coat of sealant/water proofing on the back deck. Just got the garage and front porch finished today. We still have plenty of warm weather here, but it will slam shut in a couple of weeks, and then it will be cold until April.

LOML's birthday is tomorrow, so we'll head down the mountain to have lunch with Doc Daughter. I suspect I won't really get to chores around the house until Sunday.

I've got a project (more of a craft project) in the works...a Christmas centerpiece made from one of the huge pine cones here. Maybe I'll post it anyway when it's done. Can't really consider it "woodworking", but since I'll be using my DP and the new 4" angle grinder from HF, it probably qualifies.

Cheers!