Thread: Old Projects: Armoire and Window Seat

Old Projects: Armoire and Window Seat

These are the armoires and window seat I built for my daughter's bedroom, back in 2004. The carcasses are made of birch plywood, the face frames and doors are built of pine.

The left armoire has adjustable shelves for her games, bedding, laundry basket, etc.

The right armoire is divided in half, full length clothes hang on the right, and two levels of shorter clothes hang on the left. Shoes line up on the floor of the armoire.

The window seat has four drawers for socks, underwear, gloves, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love your work. Thanks for all the posts

Tom,

They're sized to make the most of the available space on each side of the window, and don't take up as much space as a traditional closet would have. It also allowed for the window seat my daughter always wanted. The room is 12'x14' with 14' vaulted ceilings, so they don't feel overwhelming in the least.

Anthony
    Last edited by Zahid Naqvi; 10-30-2008 at 8:42 PM. Reason: removed some comments that pertain to a deleted post.

Anthony,

I have to back you up on that one.

I want to say that I think that all of your projects have been very well done, and I appreciate your sharing them with us. I especially liked your vanity. I think that it is going to hold up very well. Your window bench and armoire are very nice, and I have to say that I would have built them the same size and configuration.

Ray
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 10-30-2008 at 7:21 PM. Reason: removed attacking remark

Ditto!

Anthony,

What Ray said.

Love the volume of your work and appreciate the time it takes to share all this with us.

Lon

Nice work...Thanks for showing...
    Jerry