Thread: Anyone tried the new Bessey REVO k body clamps yet?

Anyone tried the new Bessey REVO k body clamps yet?

Do you like them? Looks like I'm going to pick up a set of clamps today, just wondered if they are worth it, or should I get the older style for blow out woodcraft pricing.

Thumbs down Revo clamps are Gross Stabil in red

Howdy Daniel,

Bessey bought out Gross Stabil earlier this year (or late last). The Gross Stabil k body clamps have been discounted and discontinued. WWhardware still has them.

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...tabil%20Clamps

Bottom line: The outer edges of the Revo/GS clamp face where the pads slide on are about 1/64" thick fiberglass and prone to damage. I had several mail claims on the GS and started to wonder about the "bargain" price. The Bessey's have a high impact plastic face/clamp cover and don't need the replacement faces. I have them too.

As far as clamping pressure, the Bessey K body has more clamping pressure than ever needed for wood.

Look real close at the REVO clamps.

Just my 2 cents...and a lot more change,

Jeff Freelove

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Freelove View Post
    Howdy Daniel,

Bessey bought out Gross Stabil earlier this year (or late last). The Gross Stabil k body clamps have been discounted and discontinued. WWhardware still has them.

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...tabil%20Clamps

Bottom line: The outer edges of the Revo/GS clamp face where the pads slide on are about 1/64" thick fiberglass and prone to damage. I had several mail claims on the GS and started to wonder about the "bargain" price. The Bessey's have a high impact plastic face/clamp cover and don't need the replacement faces. I have them too.

As far as clamping pressure, the Bessey K body has more clamping pressure than ever needed for wood.

Look real close at the REVO clamps.

Just my 2 cents...and a lot more change,

Jeff Freelove
    I just picked up the old style Bessey's today, my local woodcraft is selling them for 30 percent off, for as many as you want while supplies last.

Think they are dis continuing the old style k body?

One thing I noticed on the revo's, the rivets holding the clamp together are much larger, the metal in the mechanism is thicker, but I kind of wonder about that protruding flange - I did not see any good purpose for it.

Also those slide off covers, did not see a need for them either, the old style resists glue already.