Thread: pen jig

pen jig

Hello everyone
    Does anyone have a good pen jig they would like to share. My pen jig has grown legs and I have 250 pens to raster by next week. HELP !
    Dr. Rags

I can't remember who, but someone posted this a while ago. I tried searching -to include the provenance- but couldn't find the post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks

Thanks Darren
    That looks like a good one but unfortunately not the one I had in mind. The one I'm looking for is flat piece of acrylic with slots vectored to hold multiple pens. I guess I'll just have to get creative, ( with absolutely no talent that is hard to do).
    Dr/ Rags

Rags, it's not as difficult as you think. Put your pen on the top of your scanner. Scan it at 300dpi. This will give you a photograph which is the exact size of the pen. Import the picture into corel, use the polyline tool and click your way around the shape. Make several copies of the vector line that you have just done and then cut the shapes on the laser. If you still have a problem with it. Send me the scanned image of your pen and I'll return it to you. (PM me)
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Even easier, just cut a series of rectangles. My template has 3 different size rectangles cut out. This has taken care of many different pens & even cigars.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

pen jig

Tim, Frank
    Thanks guys I did a little of both and now have my jig. I'd post a picture of it but I'm probably the only person in America without a good digital camera.
    Again thanks y-all are the greatest.
    Dr. Rags

Here is one

Here is one I had on file hope it helps..
    Stanley
    Last edited by Stanley Waldrup; 10-29-2008 at 9:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    LaserPro Sprit 30 Watt...Corel X5..PhotoGrav 3.0

another jig

here's another jig someone was nice enough to send me a couple of years ago.

phyllis