For those of you who live within a reasonable driving distance, the 14th Annual Wood Days Festival is being held at the Canterbury Shaker Village the weekend of June 26th and 27th. The village is about 20 minutes drive north of Concord NH and off of Interstate 93. Admission to the village is $8 for adults and gets you into the village (including a guided tour) and the Wood Days event. This event covers just about every type of woodworking you can imagine and there is live music under the big tent all day both days. Food is available on site or you can bring your own and picnic on the grounds. Hours are 10AM to 5PM both days.

Displays and demos include: chair caning, timber framing, dovetail box making with hand tools, both power and hand carving, horse drawn logging, bandsaw mill lumber making, several woodturning demos both powered and treadle lathe, inlay, Windsor chair making, period furniture making, woodcanvas canoe making and repair, scrollsaw woodworking, general furniture making, Nantucket basketmaking, and the making of hand tools by guess who.

Exhibitors and demonstrators include: Chris Becksvoort, Shepherd Tools, Chester Toolworks, Woodjoy Tools, North Bennett Street School, Homestead Woodworking School, Shaker Pine, Tuckaway Timbers, the Guild of NH Woodworkers, Granite State Woodturners, Granite State Woodcarvers, Goosebay Lumber and Sawmill, the NH Furnituremasters Association, and a host of others I forget right now.

Canterbury is a great place to spend a day and there's plenty to see and do for both adults and the kids. I've been demoing there for this event 5 years now and always enjoy myself. For those interested is the Shakers, this is one of the larger Shaker villages in the country and most of the buildings are open to explore along with almost 200 acres of grounds. I hope to see some of you folks there this year.