Thread: CPO Tool Outlet / Buying refurb tools online?

CPO Tool Outlet / Buying refurb tools online?

Does anyone have any experience with "CPO Outlets" tool store: http://www.cpooutlets.com/index.html

It's a legitimate store, right? I'm always a littly leary of buying online (I usually buy at Home Depot or a local woodshop). I was thinking about getting a refurbished tool from them (SCMS) to save some $$$. Would anyone recommend against buying a refurbed SCMS from CPO Outlets? Anyone have any experience with refurbished tools from them?

Thanks,
    Greg

I've bought 2 recon Bosch tools from them. Both had slight signs of use, like a greasy finger print or slight scratches. Both work like new. Both were a pretty significant savings. They are quick to ship. Never had a reason to use their customer service. Definitely recommended.

Blog Entries
    I've bought Bosch stuff from them. The only way I could tell it was refurbished is that they turn the box inside out and put a sticker on it. No problems. Fast service.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Greg, like Matt and Glenn, I have purchased refurbed Bosch tools from them and my dealings with them were EXCELLENT. The tools show minimal use and cost significantly less than new. I would not hesitate to buy from them again or to recommend them.

Be well,

Doc

Sounds good!

Thanks for the replies. Now I feel much better buying from them.

-Greg

I tried buying a Bosch sander from CPO, but it was out of stock. Amazon had a good deal on the sander so I bought on from them. After it quit working after being repaired once under warranty I sent it back to Bosch who refunded my money. I'm sure someone bought that same sander from CPO after another switch was replaced. It's probably working just fine for its new owner. Tools that are purchased anywhere can be defective. It's possible that the ones that CPO sells have been checked out more thoroughly than those straight from the factory.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

My experience with CPO has been great! I bought a Bosch 1773AK concrete grinder (with a $30 rebate) and it looks and works perfectly!

Absolutely no hesitation on my part to do business with CPO again.

Mike

I have purchased several PC items through CPO without any problems. I regularly cruise thier website looking for great deals. I would highly recommend purchasing through CPO.

I bought 2 Bosch routers from them. Both should have been sold as used, instead of reconditioned. They were dirty & scratched up. I had a Bosch router that I had used for several years that was in better condition than the 2 reconditioned ones.

I bought a new bosch mini-impact driver from them and more recently a reconditioned bosch colt. I've been very happy with them and their service. Just another data point.

Wow Chris, I've bought at least a dozen recon tools from CPO Bosh. All of them looked new, no scraches, sawdust, nothing that would show they were used. I feel better about buying these tools then ones off the factory line. A repair person has gone over the tool by hand, checked and repaired it. If they sent me a tool that didn't look like new I would have sent it back because this is what is on their website. "Like New - Tool has experienced very little or no usage; any necessary repairs are performed by factory trained technicians before resale."
    The only time I new is if a recon isn't in stock.
    The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound; is that why some people look so bright until they say something?

I've bought refurb'd tools from CPO and Tyler Tool. Never had a problem. I wouldn't buy cordless batteries refurb'd though. No tellin' how fresh they are.

Their refurbs come with the full manufactures warranty in most cases so risk of getting a lemon is low. Add that to the price savings and it is hard to beat.

I bought my Bosch Colt from them and it had one scratch. The first time I used it, I dropped it off my bench adding another scratch... big deal... still works like a champ.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Another 'me, too'

I bought two Milwaukee tools from them. Both looked new and are fully functional. Great deals on each.

BobV