Thread: Sale on Ridgid TS3660?

Sale on Ridgid TS3660?

I have about settled on getting a Ridgid TS3660 table saw. Anybody have a clue when Home Depot may have them on sale?

I'm waiting too. If the new model gets released sometime soon, I would imagine that they would put it on sale. I was in the store yesterday and the young kid that helped me told me to wait until after Turkey day. He expected a sale then....Who knows

I highly doubt you will find a specific sale on this saw unless the newer model comes out, but the 3660 is a relatively new replacement of the 3650 so I don't know when an upgrade will be coming along. However, if you want to save some cash on this saw they send out alot of 10% off mailers if you have an HD card and they often have specials during the holiday season in general because that is really the season for their hardware department. Also, if you use a 10% off coupon, you're pretty close to their cost for the saw.

With the economy being what it is and stores like HD looking for every dollar they can get, I wouldn't be suprised if they had some good deals this year. In the past for example, I know that you saved more money if you spent more or bought multiple tools during the holidays. If you not in a major rush for the saw, I'd wait till just after Thanksgiving or the beginning of December. Don't ask me how I know so much about HD

For what it's worth, I have the 3650 and I love it

With many tool manufacturers raising their prices lately the current price on the 3660 might be the lowest you'll see.

Good saw!

Tom,

I've been real happy with my 3650. I got it on sale for $250 (Yup! True! ) from a HD in Hemet, CA about two years ago. I found out one little bit of information at the time that might be useful. Some of the stores have a more independent status than others, and the managers in these stores have the ability to create their own sale terms. This particular store had a "50% off any one item" sale that particular week, if a customer opened a commercial account. I just happen to own my own business (non-woodworking) and qualified per their terms. Bingo...an hour later, I had the saw in my SUV, and was headed back to Lake Arrowhead.

If you qualify, you might want to talk to the store manager(s) in your area. I'm sure you have more than one HD around. See if you can glean some information, and ask about the commercial accounts. Who knows....you might run across a deal as good as the one I found.

Lon

The best way to get a deal is to see if you can buy an HD gift card on Ebay with the MS Cashback discount. You might even be able to get a 10%-20% coupon while you're at it.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Home Depot accepts competitors' coupons

Keep in mind that both Home Depot and Lowe's seem to have a policy of accepting competitors' coupons. I was able to use a 20%-off-one-item coupon from Rockler there recently.

A lot of people seem to be getting 10% off coupons in the mail lately. Maybe it's a local thing.

A sure fire way for something to go on sale is to wait about a month after I buy one.

Greg

No, but definitely wait until they go on clearance, which will likely be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Adger View Post
    I have about settled on getting a Ridgid TS3660 table saw. Anybody have a clue when Home Depot may have them on sale?

Thanks for all your replys. I can wait a while, so I will see what happens around the holidays. Also look for the coupons.