I am trying to install the D3701 Variable Speed Feed Conversion Unit onto my Shop Fox W1693 moulder. The D3701 instruction says to remove two sprockets along with two metal drive chains from the W1693's gear box, and re-used on the motor unit that's supplied with the D3701. The two sprockets are secured on the W1693 via hex-head set screws. The set screws are so tights on my unit that I can't get them off without risk of stripping. Instruction that came with the D3701 says to use a 2.5mm hex wrench. Parts list that came with the W1693 says the set screws are 10-24 x 1/4", which would mean I should use a 3/32" hex wrench. Neither wrench worked. I called Woodstock International tech support to ask about the conflicting information. The tech I spoke to wasn't able to help. He says I may have to order new spockets and drive chains if I can't get the existing ones off the W1693. I think it would be really unfair if I have to buy additional parts in order to get this conversion kit to work.

Has anyone on the forum actually installed this unit successfully? If yes, can you advice on how I can get these sprockets off.

Thanks much for anyone's help.