Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Weekend doin's?

Good Friday Morning All,

I keep thinking my weekends will slow down a little, but...........! We have lots of company coming in this weekend for a get together on Sunday in my youngest daughter's honor, who is home on leave after Coast Guard boot camp. I am going to sneak over to a friend's shop tomorrow and help him with some resawing. At least I will get to make a little sawdust.

What's on your agenda this weekend?

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country free.

Bob

A little shop time is about all we are doing this weekend. Finally getting the needed rain. So I will pop a top and sit and watch it rain and the grass grow. Since the wife has to mow it now.

Have a safe weekend eveyone.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Last (really!) stages of the study project. I'll work Saturday and Monday on it, but we do have friends coming over Monday for grill/pool, etc.

Will move the jointer/planer into position this weekend and run the last electric line and new dust collection line if it kills me. Have to disassemble the short-lived woodrack to position it.

Probably some more web site updates. I find it takes a good 3-4 hours a week, on average, to keep it up to date - and that's pretty sad, considering that most of the info is static!

I have some other cabinets in the shop (3 uppers) that need priming for delivery/install next week.

Todd

OH - don't forget to put that flag up on Monday!!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Turned down some invites on purpose just to spend time in the shop. Going to try my hand at ceramic tile this weekend. Read the books, asked lots of questions, ready to rock.

Going north to help a damsel in distress with her rental property and them maybe a little sailing with a Creeker.

This weekend starts the summer travel season and also is the start of major auto and boating accednt season. I need you back here to help me through this next project.
    Have a safe one.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch
    Last
    Todd

OH - don't forget to put that flag up on Monday!!
    Old Glory flies 24- 7 since 9 11
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Cool

Finish up LOML sewing room base cabinet. Finish the last of the generator wiring. I've been putting off the last phase, a pass-through between the garage and the dining room, but we had another pretty good storm last night os I got motivated today. Plan on taking it easy the rest of the weekend.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Since I snuck out at the end of the day to mow the grass yesterday after a whole bunch of interminable conference calls, I'll not have that to worry about on the weekend. So...tonight and Saturday will see some shop time. I have a few things that I must do on the lathe and will hopefully get some time in on the walnut buffet. Sunday is Dr SWMBO's family picnic and I may try for a visit with a fellow turner afterward. Hopefully, I'll be back in the shop sometime on Monday.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hello everyone,

Hopefully get some work done on Katherine's long delayed office file case / bookcase project. Started in January....... and it's been about 6 weeks since I've made any progress. I'm hoping that posting here will force me to actually finish the woodworking aspects over the long weekend.

Lotsa non-WW stuff too.... 18 holes tomorrow AM, dinner party tomorrow evening, and MOST IMPORTANT..... the official kickoff of the barbequed pizza season Sunday night - you haven't lived until you've had pizza on a charcoal grill.

Finally, I envy Mr. Becker...... with all the rain we've had, I've been cutting my lawn every 2-3 days!!!

Best regards,

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Avery
    Finally, I envy Mr. Becker...... with all the rain we've had, I've been cutting my lawn every 2-3 days!!!
    It was very nice in Hartford on Wednesday when I was "in town", but yes, the weather has been testy when it comes to keeping lawns mowed. (As well as for air traffic control...lot's of folks missed connections this week) I wanted to get out yesterday because I knew rain was coming last night to stay through a good part of today.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    It was very nice in Hartford on Wednesday when I was "in town", but yes, the weather has been testy when it comes to keeping lawns mowed. (As well as for air traffic control...lot's of folks missed connections this week) I wanted to get out yesterday because I knew rain was coming last night to stay through a good part of today.

Let me know next time you're in the area.........

Leave for Pennsylvania Sat. morning. Will be a 13-14 hour journey to my dad's place as he has to be in the southwestern corner near the WVa border. But the Grizzly Factory store is just about halfway, so should be there around noon (hmmm - maybe a little shopping on the way, maybe the journey will be more like 20-30 hours????????)

Will be going to the Pirates vs. Cubs game in Pittsburgh on Sunday (weather permitting, of course)

No shoptime, but I will be enclosing a set of corner shelves into a corner cabinet (already made the raised panel doors), so I guess I'll call it Next Week's Doin's! Gotta go tomy niece's HS Graduation on Thurs. Hope to catch up with fellow creeker Daniel Rabinovitz as he is real close to my sister & niece's house. Sounds like a hectic, but fun week.

I am going to go broke on gas, though all that travelling and I only have V-8's. Oh well you gotta help out the economy somehow!
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Blog Entries

Camping witht he Grand Kids

My daughter and her family are going to meet us at a State Campground about halfway across PA. Bald Eagle State Park. We will be taking the boat and trying out my granddaughters new Ugly Stick fishing rod and get some boating in too. Hopefully the rain will abate a bit for the weekend.

Monday when we get back, we may need to palnt rice in the garden as we got at least another inch of rain last night.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Okay, this *will* be the weekend I complete the carcass for the cabinet to the left of the fireplace! I know I sound like a broken record but I'm all ready and have all the dimensions (see my Faceframe thread)!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

We're going to have an old fasioned suburban barn raising. (Basically a bunch of friends from church are going over to another friends house to help clean things up, do some painting, trim work, and the like) Its amazing what you can't do when you are forced to move a few weeks before twins come!

Then on Sunday and Monday I have to finish one more part of the year and a half face lift on our downstairs.
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Just TWO words.......

<font size=+3 color="red"><b>Working OnCall!!!!</B></font>

Need I say more.!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.