Sorry all, busy at work and the kids don't let me have much time on the computer at home. So, I missed an email from Rob Lee!

Actually Rob did in fact go through the trouble of contacting me through my email address.

For any of you reading this thread you will no doubt have guessed what Mr. Lee and his staff have been up to. I will post more pics when I receive a very pleasant surprise in the mail. This will allow me to use the rabbet plane to full advantage on my next set of raised panels i.e., the full width of the 1 1/2 inch wide blade can now be utilized when I bevel the panels!

I am incredulous and don't know how to express how impressed I am by Rob's thoughtfulness. This is not just customer service, it goes far beyond that. I am a relative novice in woodworking, nobody particularly talented. It is incredible that an individual who must certainly have a million other things on his plate, takes the time to read these posts, much less turn a suggestion into reality and then send off the results to a stranger who bought some of his tools.

I will post again soon. Going early, travelling far to pick up a couple hundred bf of walnut. Thanks.

Ian