Thread: Grizzly G1023SL Owners

Question Grizzly G1023SL Owners

Did your table saw come with a complimentary project plan? Mine did, for a planter stand, but it was missing the full sized template for the tapering of the legs. Contacted Grizzly, they weren't even aware that they include plans with the table saw. They are currently researching it, so I wanted to know if everyone got the plans, different plans, or no plans at all.

Thanks!
    James

My Shop Fox W1677 is a white G1023SL....no plans included with it.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

My 1023SL came with the plans for the stand but did not include the leg template.

Mine came with the plans too. I didn't look at them, however, as we kill all the plants in this house. Putting them on a stand would just be building a monument to plant-killin'.

I built it and don't remember having any issue with the taper on the legs. Made it out of poplar and tried to stain it to look like walnut. The finish didn't turn out to good. The plant on it pretty much hides it.

Quote Originally Posted by James Gillespie, Jr. View Post
    Did your table saw come with a complimentary project plan? Mine did, for a planter stand, but it was missing the full sized template for the tapering of the legs. Contacted Grizzly, they weren't even aware that they include plans with the table saw. They are currently researching it, so I wanted to know if everyone got the plans, different plans, or no plans at all.

Thanks!
    James
    Grizzly finished their research. Said it was a shipping error and the plans should not have been included with the table saw (seems they've made this "error" more than once). Odd, since the plans opening paragraph starts with something to the effect of Congratulations on the purchase of your new Grizzly Table saw... Looks like I'll just have to eyeball the taper and make my own jig for it, as there are not dimensioned drawings in the plans.

Mine came with the plans, but I just stuck them in a file and forgot about them. I'll check to see if there are plans for the legs.

I suspect that they didn't even bother searching and just waited a sufficient time period and then blew you off with the it was and error message. Seem several others have gotten the same thing and the opening line suggests that it was a gift for buying the saw.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

I pretty much figured I was getting the brush off, but I didn't expect that from Grizzly. If they are going to include plans as a thank you (in error or not), then they could at least include the full plans. Since they don't seem to get any complaints about this other than mine, that suggests all purchasers of these table saws either don't look at/use the plans, or are familiar enough with table saws and woodworking in general to make do without the template.

This is my first table saw, and my first foray into flat woodworking, so I guess I'm not their typical customer. The last two issues of a wood working magazine has had three different leg taper jigs in it, so I'm going to wing it with one of those. My previous wood working experience has been limited to spinning things on the lathe.

I just checked my plans. It's a single large sheet of paper, folded up, with directions and photos. No template. It does refer to a template that is "included with these plans", but the template was not actually included.

Yeah my plans are the same but really... this isn't a complex piece. Just wing it and engage in some subversive woodworking. Spinny things are much more complex.