Thread: Stimulating the economy @ Rockler & Woodcraft

Stimulating the economy @ Rockler & Woodcraft

Gents: will be in the neighborhood of the local Rockler & Woodcraft stores later this week. Just might take a culture trip to both to help stimulate the economy.
    Looking @ a Rockler flier, I saw two items of interest:
    -- “Dust Right” expanding hose: expands to 21 ft. long, then “collapses to 3 ft. I can see that it would have an application in my shop.
    www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21316

Anyone know anything ‘bout such hoses?

--”All Terrain Mobile Base”: expandable & supports up to 800 lbs w/ 5” urethane wheels; yet only raises the machine 1” higher off the floor. My 15“ planer is a bear to move thanks to the El Cheapo & Mickey Mouse design built-in wheels. Looked @ the parts diagram & can easily remove the wheels.
    Seems that large dia. wheels would make it easier to move. Again anyone have any experience w/ this base or seen one?
    www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21257

It's cute and I think could work well but geez, you gotta spend more money to get all the necessary gizmos with it. I hate it when they don't package such obvious items together and give you a discount on it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Check your mailbox before you go to Woodcraft. I just received a free $10 Gift Certificate from Woodcraft in today's mail. I didn't have a chance to read it that carefully but it appears that the only stipulation with it is that it has to be used by 12/24/08.

I use the expanding hose in my shop and it's great. Takes up very little space when not in use.

5. I've been using the expandable hose for a couple of weeks with great results. I'm through with all the rest of my hoses. I also have the dust-right kit. A little spendy, but it saves me some time in connection and clean-up.

That base is rock solid and very well built. I just can't cough up the coin.

Check for $20 of $50+ at Rockler. I received mine via email.

P.S. I still think the all-terrain base is overpriced. I purchased the Jet 708118 base from Rockler which is the same size but at rated 600 pounds and with smaller wheels for $60. So for 200 pounds, for the same size, and larger wheels, they want extra $130. Something doesn't sit well with me about that.
    Last edited by Anthony Whitesell; 11-18-2008 at 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    Check for $20 of $50+ at Rockler. I received mine via email.
    I know too bad I cant use it on Leigh....or Power Tools...or Omnijig....not to mention that I live 3.5 hours from an actual Rockelr store ....
    That which does not kill you will likely raise your insurance premiums.